Dexis Consulting Group, implementer for the USAID-funded Kosovo Commercial Justice Activity (Program), is seeking a professional to serve as Mediation Specialist of the Program. The Program is a multi-year initiative to reduce opportunities for corruption and encourage investment in Kosovo by helping to improve the resolution of commercial disputes and enforcement of judgements.
The Program is organized into two Objective Areas. Objective 1 addresses resolution of commercial disputes in the courts and enforcement. This includes reform of court-based commercial litigation, training of judges and court staff, strengthening oversight and professionalism of the private enforcement agent profession, and improving the trust of businesses towards commercial justice institutions. Under Objective 2, the Program works to increase the use of alternative dispute resolution, ensure that commercial laws are in accord with European Union and international best practices, and improve public awareness of commercial dispute and enforcement mechanisms. The Program will likely be approved a program extension through February 2026 to support the Commercial Court.
As an employee of Dexis Consulting Group, Inc., the Mediation Specialist will work closely with Program team members in carrying out activities to develop effective court case referral processes and build public awareness of mediation as a meaningful option for dispute resolution.
Responsibilities of the Mediation Specialist
- Supporting program activities to increase public awareness of, and reliance on, mediation;
- Engaging with the KJC and all Basic Courts in Kosovo to incentivize court personnel to refer cases to mediation;
- Coordinating with courts mediation clerks and judges to improve mediation processes and to increase the referral of cases to mediation;
- Supporting establishment of a mediation office in the new Commercial Court;
- Supporting development of sub-normative acts under mediation legislation;
- Supporting the project on the training activities provided on mediation;
- Supporting closely mediation outreach activities such as in the design and production of public service announcement video(s) and radio spot(s) on mediation;
- Participating in work and activity planning and reporting; and
- Other tasks and duties as directed by the Chief of Party of the Program
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in a relevant field, degree in law preferred;
- Excellent command of Albanian (written and spoken), facility in English preferred;
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills;
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Professional knowledge and experience in mediation methods, preferably in the democracy and governance sector;
- Proven experience working with Kosovo courts regarding mediation case referral; and
- Proven track record working effectively with other projects, high-level Kosovo government counterparts, and other international partners.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and 2 reference letters to [email protected] by 16:00 CET on December 5, 2022. Please indicate “Mediation Specialist ” in the subject line. All qualified applicants will be considered solely on the basis of merit. DO NOT CONTACT USAID or USAID COMMERCIAL JUSTICE ACTIVITY. Applicants who contact USAID or USAID Commercial Justice Activity independently of the prescribed application process will be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.