Project Officer - Up to Youth
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Position: Project Officer
Project: Up to Youth
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2020
Preferable starting Date: April 8th, 2020
NGO Peer Educators Network (PEN) advertises vacancy announcement for the position Project Officer in Up To Youth Activity.
The Up to Youth Activity in Kosovo is a five year USAID-funded project that works in nine partner communities to enhance Kosovo youth’s ability to contribute positively to the country's social, economic and political future. The goal of the activity is to increase youth resilience to social exclusion by building youth assets in soft and life skills; fostering youth agency to partner with resilience actors in their communities; providing authentic leadership opportunities for youth to contribute through awareness campaigns, projects and social ventures; and building enabling environments for youth empowerment by identifying and linking networks to amplify youth voices to effect and sustain positive change.
Over the five-year period, the Up to Youth activity will work in nine partner communities to meet the following Objectives. These three Objectives are interconnected and are mutually reinforcing Objectives.
Objective 1: Mobilize youth to be forces for positive change.
Objective 2: Develop and demonstrate life/soft skills among youth.
Objective 3: Develop, build and support resilience partners in fostering an environment for youth to engage in a positive and meaningful way.
Under the supervision of the PEN Project Coordinator, and in full cooperation with the Objective 1 and 2 Leads, the Project Officer will be responsible for the following:
- The Project Officer will support the project with logistics and administrative issues during the working period stated within the contract.
- The Project Officer will assist Up to Youth Team leads regarding the activities assigned.
- The Project Officer will logistically organize the training in different regions and will coordinate the work of, facilitators and others involved in the project.
- Project Officer will be the focal point for all the participants from all regions and will facilitate the communication between the rest of the staff and the participants.
- Responsible to keep track all information requested by Up to Youth team leads.
- Project officer will be able to travel within the municipalities assigned by Up to Youth.
- Provide with report project coordinator about the completed work within assigned period,
- Other duties assigned from by the PEN Project Coordinator or Team Leads
The following skills and experience are required for the Project Officer:
- Relevant university degree, i.e., Social Studies, Economics etc,
- A minimum of two years of work experience in relevant field;
- General knowledge on youth context in Kosovo;
- Highly motivated, takes initiative; is flexible and, work independently and as well as in teams;
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills and team working skills;
- Ability to meet deadline and work under the pressure;
- English language required, both written and spoken, any other local language is an advantage but not mandatory;
- Possession of driving license (Category B) is advantage.
Men and women are equally encouraged to apply for this position.
All interested candidates should send their CV, motivation letter and list of three references at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org the latest by March 31,2020. When sending the application please write at the subject line: “Up to Youth “. Only the short list of applicants will be invited for interview.