- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
HR OFFICER IN KOSOVO, PRISHTINA
Position: HR Officer
Starting date: ASAP, 12 months with possibility of extension
Country Programme: Kosovo
Base: Kosovo, Prishtina
Line Manager: Head of Office and Regional Finance and Compliance Manager
About the Western Balkans Programme of People in Need:
People in Need started working in former Yugoslavia in the early 1990s to deliver humanitarian aid and has remained in the region since to support the region’s social and economic reconstruction and development. Since the late 2000s, PIN has been working with local organizations to promote social inclusion and good governance at the local level. More information is available on PIN’s website, www.peopleinneed.cz
About the role:
Under overall supervision of the Head of Office and Finance and Compliance Manager, the HR Officer is responsible for effective management of human resources to the PIN Country Program in Kosovo to achieve timely and quality service to programs and beneficiaries of the People in Need (PIN) Kosovo mission.
The HR Manager provides solutions to a wide spectrum of issues related to HR planning and budgeting, staff contracts management, staff capacity building. S/he promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach. The key results have an impact on the overall mission efficiency in HR management and success in implementation of programs.
The position is intended to focus on ensuring compliance with both internal and external rules and policies related to management of human resources, improving existing structures and ensuring that policies and rules are applied and followed.
The HR Officer is expected to independently manage all processes related to management of human resources, have decent knowledge of Kosovo Labour Code to ensure compliance with Kosovo law requirements and have strong verbal and written communication skills required to translate the vision into action.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall coordination of all aspects of management of human resources
- Staff contracts management, administration of HR-related documents flow
- Recruitment and on-boarding coordination
- Staff appraisal coordination
- Capacity building coordination
- Motivation and retention, compensation and benefits coordination
- Personnel coordination, capacity building, process improvement and knowledge sharing
- Policies and SOPs updates
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at a similar level of responsibilities
- University degree
- Experience of working within a humanitarian and/or development organization (NGO) will be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English
- Strong coordination, organizational and problem-solving skills
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian and development organization
- Salary and benefits according to PIN Kosovo Salary Scale and HR policies
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Accident and travel insurance and free medical helpdesk
- E-learning courses, webinars, training possibilities
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).