- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
SOS Fshatrat e Fëmijëve Kosovë
SOS Fshatrat e Fëmijëve Kosovë in partnership with Handikos – Association of Paraplegics and Paralised Children of Kosovo is implementing an EU funded project managed by European Union Office in Kosovo, entitled: “Advancing capacities for child rights” under the Grant Agreement No 2019/414-172. This project will start on 1st of March 2020 and will last 30 months.
The project aims to contribute toward strengthening, promoting and protection of the child’s rights in social services and CSOs providing services for children.
The main objectives of the project are: Increase skills and knowledge of CSWs and CSOs to promote and protect child’s rights; Provision of social services for vulnerable children and their families through provision of psycho – social service, individual and group counselling and rehabilitation services; Promote and initiate multidisciplinary approach on child rights and increase capacities of community based rehabilitation centers.
In order to achieve the results foreseen in regard to promotion and protection of child’s rights the SOS Fshatrat e Fëmijëve Kosovë is seeking to recruit a full time Project Coordinator
POSITION: Project Coordinator
WORK TIME: Full Time (40 hours per week)
STARTING DATE: March 2020
CONTRACT DURATION: 30 months.
General position summary:
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the project and its activities/ services including monitoring, evaluation, and reporting. S/he will be making sure that the scope of the project is sound, reporting regularly on the progress of the project and ensuring that they stay on approved schedule.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversees the overall implementation of the project, including progress with the annual plan and accompanying log frame & budget;
- Coordinates the project activities and services as well implementation of certain activities and development of plans and interventions, with a partner;
- Monitor that the project is implemented in accordance with donor requirement and ensure coordination with all beneficiaries in the implementation;
- Ensures that the project achieves its targets as foreseen with overall and specific objectives, outcomes and outputs indicators;
- Ensure timely conduct of project activities, including those to be implemented in cooperation with a partner.
- Be the intermediary for all communications between the beneficiaries and the donor;
- Have full financial responsibility for ensuring that the project is implemented in accordance with this donor requirement;
- Liaise with local and national government institutions to ensure the achievement of project results,
- Prepares and updates work plan monthly, quarterly and annual reports, in cooperation with a partner, and ensures timely reporting to the donor;
- Inform the donor of any event likely to affect or delay the implementation of the project;
- Ensures that the official records and documents are accordingly maintained, and that project documents and implementation are in harmony with the EU rules and guidelines, national legislation, and international best practice;
- Responsible for supplying all documents and information to the donor, in particular in relation to narrative reports and the requests for payments;
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
Knowledge & Experience:
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Economics, Law, or a similar field;
- At least 3 years of previous work experience in similar positions within civil society, organizations, especially in protecting and promoting human rights;
- Proven experience in project cycle implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation related to the sector;
- Strong management skills, including the ability to provide strategic guidance, technical oversight, build strong teams, mentor staff and develop work plans;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective work relations with the team and ability to work independently and in the team;
- Positive and professional approach: highly organized, able to work independently, using initiative and keeping commitments, leading a team;
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision;
- Experience working with the EU funded projects is considered an asset;
- Excellent command of the English language written and spoken and good communication skills, including both written and verbal. The Serbian language is considered an asset;
- Proficiency in computer, Microsoft Office programs: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Internet, social media, etc.;
- Good knowledge of children’s rights;
- Good knowledge of the Social Service system;
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Possession of Driving Licence (Category B).
Interested applicants should submit an application form (can be downloaded in www.soskosova.org) CV, cover letter, copies of diploma; certificates and references to:
Please include in the subject line: “Project Coordinator”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Certificate by the Court confirming that you don’t have any criminal conviction will be asked if you pass the second round of the interviews
Deadline for applications: Sunday, 23 February, 2020 time: 16:00h.
SOS Fshatrat e Fëmijëve Kosovë is a nongovernmental organization of social development, which isactive in the field of children’s rights by supporting their needs and concerns since 1999. We build families for children without parental care, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities. In order to satisfy with this responsibility, we are seeking a committed individual for the position of Project Coordinator.