- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
SOS Fshatrat e Femijeve Kosove
SOS Fshatrat e Fëmijëve Kosovë in partnership with HANDIKOS – Association of Paraplegics and Paralised Children of Kosovo is implementing an EU funded project managed by European Union Office in Kosovo, entitled: “Advancing capacities for child rights” under the Grant Agreement No 2019/414-172.. This project will start on 1st of March 2020 and will last 30 months.
The project aims to contribute toward strengthening, promoting and protection of the child’s rights in social services and CSOs providing services for children
The main objectives of the project are : Increase skills and knowledge of CSWs and CSOs to promote and protect child’s rights; Provision of social services for vulnerable children and their families through provision of psycho – social service, individual and group counselling and rehabilitation services; Promote and initiate multidisciplinary approach on child rights and increase capacities of community based rehabilitation centers.
In order to achieve the results foreseen in regard to promotion and protection of child’s rights the SOS Fshatrat e Femijeve Kosove, is seeking to recruit a part time Finance Assistant
POSITION: Finance Assistant
WORK TIME: PART TIME (20 hours per week)
STARTING DATE: March 2020
CONTRACT DURATION: 30 months
General position summary:
- The Finance Assistant will be responsible for the daily financial and administration operations of the activities of the project including monitoring, evaluation and reporting. She/he will provide support to the staff of the project and will be responsible for overall financial issues of the project by following and adheres the grant agreement, in line with standard policies of the donor, organization and local legislation. She/he ensure good communication and coordinate smooth operations with partner and beneficiaries making sure that the scope of the project is sound and ensures the timely reporting. The Finance Assistant will have the full financial responsibility for ensuring that the project will be financially perform in accordance with the Grant Agreement of the project.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for daily financial and administrative operations in order to support the efficient implementation of the Project as well as to provide support to the project staff;
- Responsible for overall financial issues of the project, implementation of project expenses, budget control, financial reports, cash management, as per local legislation, SOS Foundation policies and donor guidelines and agreement.
- Conducts administrative tasks, correspondence, records, maintain the documentations and archives
- Responsible for implementation and follow up of the project expenditures in line with budget lines and in time.
- Responsible for monitoring of the partner expenditures making sure that the costs are eligible and align with the donor’s requirement as outlined in the Grant agreement of the project.
- Ensure that all financial reports by partner are accurate and submitted on time.
- Monitor and control the use of the project budget and report to the Chief Accountant and project Manager for overall financial issues of the project and in case ofdeviations;
- Ensures that the costs are eligible for the project and in compliance with the budget timelines and conditions defined in the grant agreement.
- Preparation of requests for transfer of funds to the donor;
- Preparation of regular project financial reports both for donor (in accordance with donor requirements) and for SOS Children’s Village Kosovo (in accordance with organizational internal standards)
- Prepare and make the payments for the project expenses, including salaries of the project staff, in accordance with local legislation and donor requirement.
- Ensures the effective management of all resources in her/his responsibility.
- Ensure good communication with the financial department of the organization and the project staff;
- Follows and adheres to the standards policies of the organization and local legislation.
- Prepares and updates work plan monthly, quarterly and annual reports, in cooperation with partner, and ensures timely reporting;
- Ensures that the official records and documents are accordingly maintained, and that project documents and implementation are in harmony with the EU rules and guidelines, Kosovo legislation, and international best practice;
- Participate in project meetings and workshops and other activities as required;
- Participate and support in processes for financial audit;
Knowledge & Experience:
- University degree in the field of Economics (Finance, Accounting, Business Administration);
- At least 3 years working experience in accountancy and keeping the financial records;
- Documented experience in implementation of socially meaningful projects, co-funded by institutional donors, experience in working in an NGO/civic organization, with the EU funded projects it will be considering as an advantage;
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision;
- Good communication, interpersonal and team working skills;
- Conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Good knowledge of local accounting law and tax regulations, procurement, planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent MS Office skills, MS Excel in particular
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity and high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work in multicultural environment
- Organisational skills
- Possession of driver's license "B" category is considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of English written and spoken ;
- Pro-active and self-motivated to learn and acquire additional competences needed for the job
Interested applicants should submit an application form (can be downloaded in www.soskosova.org) CV, cover letter, copies of diploma; certificates and references to:
Please include in the subject line: “Finance Assistant”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Certificate by the Court confirming that you don’t have any criminal conviction will be asked if you pass the second round of the interviews
Deadline for applications: Sunday, 23 February, 2020 time: 16:00h.
SOS Fshatrat e Fëmijëve Kosovë is a nongovernmental organization of social development, which is active in the field of children’s rights by supporting their needs and concerns since 1999. We build families for children without parental care, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities. In order to satisfy with this responsibility, we are seeking a committed individual for the position of Finance Assistant.