Liaison Officer (1), Livelihood Officer (1)
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
- Liaison Officer (1)
- Livelihood Officer (1)
DUTY STATION: Prishtinë/Pristina
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DURATION: 31 December 2020 with possibility of extension
STARTING DATE: March 2020
Advancing Together (AT) as partner organization of UNHCR is seeking talented, compassionate candidate with high-integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond to safeguard the rights and well-being of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and voluntary returnees.
Our ultimate goal is to find durable solutions that will allow persons that UNHCR cares for to rebuild their lives in dignity. While pursuing durable solutions, AT aims to increase the self-reliance and livelihood opportunities of returnees and IDPs while working with Kosovo government and multiple stakeholders to promote durable solution, sustainability and socio-economic inclusion.
The Liaison Officer shall support the work of Advancing Together and facilitate information exchange with the Office of Prime Minister (OPM) and other related Kosovo Ministries and contributes to provision of consultative and liaison services between AT and the OPM.
1. Liaison Officer (1)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, maintain, and intensify close collaboration with the OPM and other relevant government institutions and authorities, representatives of other NGOs, civil society organizations and resource persons promoting favorable protection policies and programs for IDPs and voluntary returnees;
- Contribute to the efforts of the OPM in designing normative acts and policies including response interventions to support sustainable durable solutions for IDPs and voluntary returnees;
- Advocate for effective inter-institutional coordination and joint responses for the benefit of IDPs and voluntary returnees;
- Advocate for the data management system and evidence based response programmes;
- Provide advice to OPM and other relevant governmental institutions on the United Nations Sustainable development Goals/Agenda 2030 and mainstreaming the “Leave No One Behind” principles within the National Development Agenda/Programme;
- Liaise between OPM, line Ministries, NGOs and other potential donors and advocate for inclusion of IDPs, returnees, marginalized communities and host communities in programmes and projects that would strengthen reintegration and socio-economic sustainability;
- Contribute to the development of policy papers, missions, briefing papers, talking points and recommendation based on the needs of the IDPs and voluntary returnees.
- Academic degree in law, political science, human rights or similar is preferred;
- Minimum four years’ experience with national or international agency in the protection or promotion of human rights in a similar role or working with the government highly preferred;
- Good communication and negotiation skills required;
- Prior experience in human and community rights and training on minority rights would be an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in local languages;
- Holding a valid driving license.
2. Livelihood Officer (1)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building strong relationships with relevant stakeholders, influence on economic development agencies to adapt their programmes to become inclusive of UNHCR persons of concern;
- Private sector to enhance inclusion in their labour force and supply chains;
- Draft multi-sectoral community-based projects for the benefit of host and IDP community in targeted areas;
- Engage and advocate with targeted municipalities adopting multisectoral approach and advocate for funding solutions;
- Establish public-private partnership in priority geographic areas and specific sectors in support of livelihood and women empowerment;
- Facilitate connection of IDP/returnee community business oriented with private enterprises;
- Advocate with various fair organizers with aim to promote returnee/IDP products;
- Advocate with local and central authorities, local NGO’s and other potential donors to ensure inclusion of IDPs and returnees in all their existing programmes;
- Building on AT and UNHCR databases to support the regular information sharing and coordination among different humanitarian, developmental and governmental stakeholders;
- Initiate socioeconomic and wealth ranking surveys to inform targeting, monitoring and facilitation the engagement of development programmes;
- Conducting necessary assessments in collaboration with other AT colleagues, relevant private and public stakeholders. This includes impact assessments on local economies and surveys that help to inform interventions and identify investment and funding opportunities that enhance the economic inclusion of UNHCR person of concern.
- University degree in Development Studies, Economy or Socio-Economic Development, Business Administration, or another related field;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in related field;
- Experience with advocating, mobilizing and with working with multiple stakeholders, including private sector, development agencies, government authorities, NGOs and social enterprises, on agricultural and rural and urban economic development programmes
- Solid, documented experience in one or more of the following areas: relevant strategic planning, livelihoods market analysis, value chain development, socio-economic assessment and wealth ranking, and M&E.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills and experience with various stakeholders and actors at various levels;
- Experience and proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team with people of different ethnicities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English, Albanian and Serbian languages; knowledge of any additional local language will be considered as an advantage;
- Valid driving license.
The AT workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. AT seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. AT is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Please send your CV, Motivation Letter (in English) and Recommendation letters and scanned copy of personal ID and driving license by applying to this job directly sending on e-mail: email@example.com .
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Deadline for applications is 23rd of February 2020 at 24:00 hours. Only short-listed candidates will be considered for an interview.