Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Kosovo New Energy Design
Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party candidates for the anticipated USAID New Energy Design project in Kosovo. The project aims to improve Kosovo’s energy security by strengthening the capacity and sustainability of local institutions to advance energy market development and regional integration and to facilitate investments in infrastructure. In doing so, the project will enable the energy sector to serve as a vehicle for the country’s economic growth and increase opportunities for economic participation among its citizens. The Chief of Party and/or Deputy Chief of Party will bear primary responsibility for the overall management and administration of the project and liaise with, as well as provide expert guidance to, the client. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Monitor the work plan, track implementation and ensure timely delivery of all contract deliverables
- Lead the project’s technical teams and provide quality control of products prepared by them
- Provide guidance for achieving core objectives such as the following: Strengthened energy security; regional integration; regulatory assessment and reform; strengthened institutional capacity; and increased investment in infrastructure
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the client and ensure compliance with all applicable USAID and host-country regulations
- Advanced degree in Energy/Environmental Policy, Economics/Finance, Engineering, or a related field
- Eight to ten years of progressively responsible work experience in leading and managing energy sector reform and/or leveraging public and private sector investment in infrastructure development
- Demonstrated experience in energy sector development and significant experience in implementing programs in the region
- Demonstrated supervisory work experience including supervision of technical teams and energy professionals as well as subcontractor partners to effectively respond to complex assignments
- Practical experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies (USG and host-country), regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society and consumers
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- An excellent record working with USAID or other donors on energy sector reform programs
- English fluency required, Albanian language skills preferred, Serbian language skills considered a plus
Please send electronic submissions to KosovoNEDrecruit@chemonics.com . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your CV and cover letter with “Position Title” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.