- Company Name
Fondi Kosovar per Garanci Kreditore.
- Phone Number
+381 (0) 38 225 600 (208)
- Company Place
Project Finance Credit Risk Expert (PFCRE) (1)
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
In accordance with Article 10 of the Law No. 05/L-057 on the establishment of Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund, the Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund (KCGF) announces the following:
one (1) Project Finance Credit Risk Expert (PFCRE)
Reference number: 01/2019
The Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund (KCGF) is an independent legal entity established by its law, to help meet the need for increased access to finance for micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in Kosovo in order to create jobs, increase local production and value-added services, improve the trade balance and enhance financing opportunities for MSMEs.
This position is funded through the Threshold Agreement between the Republic of Kosovo and the United States of America. The Threshold Program seeks to strengthen the power sector by fostering a market-driven approach to lowering energy costs for households and businesses, encouraging energy efficiency, and developing new sources of electricity generation. Funding for the Threshold Program, and therefore this position at KCGF, is currently projected to end on September 30th, 2021.
Description of work responsibilities:
The PFCRE will work with the Senior Risk Manager of KCGF and the Renewable Energy Consultant (REC). The PFCRE will support the risk management of the institution by designing and developing internal processes, evaluating the project finance applications in Renewable E Energy (RE), as well as model financial and credit risk tools (excel) that will support monitoring of the guarantee portfolio in general for the institution and in particular for the RE window. The PFCRE will be a full-time employee of KCGF, with one year working contract, with the possibility of extension.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the institution in developing guarantee window in the sector of project finance, Renewable Energy or recommendations for changes on existing products or designing new products under RE guarantee window;
- PFCRE examines existing and projected financial statements and use ratios when analyzing the financial situation of a potential borrower/project investor;
- Help establish the risk management practices, in the area of project finance in RE;
- Develops credit risk and project finance modeling tools for analyzing the credit guarantee applications and portfolio of the RE guarantee window in general;
- Helps analyze and process the guarantee applications under project finance RE window;
- Supports monitoring, due diligence review and analysis of loan portfolios under guarantee window of RE including utilization levels and performance;
- Interfaces with partner financial institutions’ risk and credit departments;
- Produces reports in English and Albanian for the management of the institution, board of directors and donors of the institution;
- Cooperates on projecting main business indicators related to guarantee portfolio in RE Window, which are important for development of a business plan, as follows: development of volume of guarantee portfolio, NPL of guarantee portfolio, provision expenses, claims etc.
- Performs continuous monitoring, due diligence review and analysis of loan portfolios under RE guarantee window, including utilization levels and performance;
- Conducts various Quantitative and Qualitative analysis in order to foresee potential risks that institution is exposed in relation to RE guarantee window, and propose adequate measures for risk mitigation;
- Prepares reports/analysis on financial sector development and economic environment;
- Prepares reports/analysis on the latest developments of regulations, and technology developments in the area of the renewable energy for Private Investors;
- Produces data-based reports in English and Albanian based on credit analytical findings;
- Proposes re-guarantee / re-insurance instruments and other risk mitigation facilities for risk hedging purposes of KCGF credit guarantee portfolio;
- Monitors the leverage levels and develops early warning mechanisms on risk exposure;
- Organizes regular meetings with bank representatives and monitors development of the RE guarantee window;
- Supports Senior Risk Manager on processing and evaluating bank non-performing loan, claims, as well assesses whether the loan has met the mandated standards and policies of the guarantee program;
- Additional tasks and duties as required and requested by Managing Director.
- University degree in economy, business, finance, or a related field relevant to development finance. Advanced degree in finance is highly desirable;
- Minimum five years (5) professional working experience in the financial institutions or consultancy services in the area of the credit risk and/or project finance. Interdisciplinary skills that combine credit risk and project finance will be considered as an additional asset;
- Experienced in building project finance models in excel and modeling the financial statements of the borrowers;
- Specific experience in analyzing and evaluatingcredit worthiness of the project investment and risk management instruments and their use in commercial finance is also highly valued;
- Experience working with commercial banks in Kosovo is highly valued;
- Good understanding of financial statements, ratios, and credit risk concepts;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- International experience in project finance is also highly valued;
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to work independently and perform duties with minimum supervision.
Timing, duration and duty stations
The PFCRE will be given a one (1) year contract, renewed on yearly basis and, will be based at the KCGF office in Prishtina. PFCRE contract will be subject to extension based on satisfactory results of performance review and needs of institution.
Documents required for application:
- CV and Motivation Letter;
- Diplomas, Certificates and Relevant Trainings;
- Reference contacts from former employers;
All applications will only be accepted via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , and the subject of the email will be written: "Application by: Name and Surname_ Position"
The vacancy is open until 06.12.2019, time 16:30.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!