- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Position: Administrative Assistant
International City/County Management Association (ICMA) is looking for an Administrative Assistant for its Local Effective Governance Activity in Kosovo.
ICMA advances professional local government worldwide through leadership, management, innovation, and ethics. ICMA, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1914, provides data and information, peer and results-oriented technical assistance, and training and professional development to its more than 12,000 members who are local government leaders and practitioners. The management decisions made by ICMA's members affect millions of individuals living in thousands of communities, from small villages and towns to large metropolitan areas. The organization is an internationally recognized publisher of information resources ranging from textbooks and survey data to topical newsletters and e-publications. ICMA provides technical assistance to local governments in developing and decentralizing countries, helping them to develop professional practices and ethical, transparent governments. The organization performs a wide range of mission-driven grant and contract-funded work both in the U.S. and internationally, which is supported by federal government agencies, foundations, and corporations.
The purpose of the Local Effective Governance activity in Kosovo is to strengthen the operations and inclusiveness of municipal governance in municipalities with non-majority communities in Kosovo. Local Effective Governance activity has the objectives to improve equitable, efficient, and transparent municipal governance which responds to citizens’ priorities with a focus on non-majority participation in democratic structures, and to increase active citizen participation of both majority and non-majority communities in municipal structures. Local Effective Governance activities will be conducted in the following 14 municipalities: Leposavić/Leposaviq, Zvečan/Zveçan, Mitrovica/Mitrovicë North, Zubin Potok, Gračanica/Graçanicë, Ranilug/Ranillug, Štrpce/Shtërpcë, Obilić/Obiliq, Istog/Istok, Klina/Klinë, Dragash/Dragaš, Parteš/Partesh, Klokot/Kllokot, and Novo Brdo/Novobërdë.
The Administrative Assistant provides wide support to all project functions and activities. The position provides critical assistance and backup to operations management, financial management, personnel management (including STTA support), events management, branding and marking, translation, and record-keeping. The position has primary responsibility for organizing procurement of office equipment, supplies, and utilities. It also manages routine incoming and outgoing telephone and electronic communication, visitor reception and support, and office maintenance.
Specifically, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide general administrative services such as asset and facilities management of procured items, including listing and annual inventory of non-expendable properties such as office equipment, and periodic inventory of expendable properties such as office materials and supplies;
- Manage services – internet access, telephone, electricity, heating/cooling, security, water, maintenance – so that they are sufficient to project needs and uninterrupted;
- Manage reception to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally, to maintain a professional image for the project;
- Assist Finance Officer with bookkeeping and occasional auditing of expenses such as phone invoices, travel vouchers, and other project invoices;
- Provide logistical support on meeting and training activities such as assisting in the preparation of materials, venue, travel requirements, and securing of list of participants/attendees, etc.;
- Maintain tracking of local staff contact information and travel activity locations including updating of contact list for staff, counterpart organizations and client;
- Manage conference room reservations and organize all aspects for meetings;
- Serve as a point of contact with outside stakeholders, including government ministries, agencies, municipalities, and companies to arrange and coordinate meetings for technical staff;
- Serve as principal office point of contact for project drivers;
- Manage logistics for international STTAs and other international guests;
- In coordination with the Operations & Grants Director and with the Finance Officer, establish and maintain chronological office filing systems by proper classification and proper labeling for each individual files related to Objective activities, by creating separate hard copy files, including but not limited to incoming and outgoing correspondences, memos and letters to counterparts and client; maintain separate hard copy material files for all administrative activities, policies and correspondences, including but not limited to inter-office correspondences, memos and letters and a master file maintained for all vendors and service providers;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations and Grants Director
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field combined with equivalent work experience;
- At least three years of relevant, progressively responsible experience preferably in international organizations or similar projects;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English, Albanian and Serbian;
- Professional appearance and manner;
- Computer literacy, specifically MS word and MS Excel;
- This position will report directly to Operations and Grants Director
Interesting applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The application deadline is close of business on Friday, November 22, 2019.
All respondents should put “LEGA Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.