- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Application deadline: 16:00 October 9, 2019
Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc., implementer for the USAID Kosovo Commercial Justice Activity (Program) is seeking a Procurement/Logistics Officer to support the Program on procurement and logictics for the activities. The Program is a five-year initiative to reduce opportunities for corruption and encourage investment in Kosovo by helping to improve the resolution of commercial disputes and the enforcement of judgements.
As an employee of Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc., the Procurement/Logistics Officer will work closely with Program team members to provide the logistical/procurement support. He/She will deal with a diverse group of vendors, partners, at all levels, both internal and external to Checchi and ensure all are treated in a professional and courteous manner.
This position will be confirmed subject to USAID approval.
Responsibilities of the Procurement/Logistics Officer
- Identifying, sourcing and procuring materials and services in accordance with Checchi and USAID procurement regulations;
- Inspect quality and specifications as per purchase requests or signed contract before accepting delivery of goods & services from a vendor;
- Maintain database of competent vendors to quickly source material and services;
- Overseeing the use of the vehicle and arrange for other transportation when needed;
- Ensuring that project vehicles are properly maintained and fueled and handling registration and insurance of vehicles;
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Provide logistical support to Program relating to trainings /workshops /conferences as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations and/or Chief of Party.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of three years of experience in an office/administrative capacity with international or local development organizations;
- Previous experience as a procurement officer with USAID projects is preferred;
- Proven track record working effectively with other projects, high-level Kosovo government counterparts, and other international partners.
- Previous experience on IT support is preferred.
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Equivalent to a Bachelors degree in Administration, Business, a related area or equivalent experience;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively in a team context; Good analytical skills; Excellent organization and planning skills;
- Valid driver license is required;
- Strong language skills both written and oral in English and local language;
Applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16:00 October 9, 2019. Please indicate “Procurement/Logistics Officer” in the subject line. All qualified applicants will be considered solely on the basis of merit. DO NOT CONTACT USAID or USAID COMMERCIAL JUSTICE ACTIVITY. Applicants who contact USAID or USAID Commercial Justice Activity independently of the prescribed application process will be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.