Senior Human Rights/Legal Adviser
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSS02205
Vacancy type: International Seconded
Field of expertise: Human Rights
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Prishtine / Pristina
Date of issue: 29 August 2019
Deadline for application: 26 September 2019 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree in a relevant field
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
Tasks and Responsibilities
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
- First-level university degree in law, political science, international relations or related field;
- Good knowledge of international and European human rights standards;
- Previous international work experience and/or experience in field missions, preferably in the area of human rights and reporting;
- Experience in preparing and drafting reports;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal, motivational and communication skills;
- Knowledge of the principles and concept of gender mainstreaming;
- Professional fluency in English, both oral and written;
- Excellent command of standard office computer applications (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and judgment to local conditions and communities;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames.
- Knowledge of the regional political situation and the legal system of the mission area;
- Experience in negotiation and mediation.
If selected for this senior professional level opportunity, you will, under the direct supervision of the Chief of Analysis and Reporting Cell (ARC) within the Department of Human Rights and Communities, be responsible for:
- Supporting the Chief of ARC and Directors of the Department in the drafting and co-ordination of programme cycle documents;
- Ensuring quality control of the Department’s documents, reports and correspondence for consistency and compliance with OSCE standard regulations and policies;
- Providing guidance to the Department’s programmatic staff on the drafting of the weekly, monthly, regular and other thematic reports required by the Department;
- Reviewing documents to ensure the accuracy of the Department’s legal, human rights and policy analysis;
- Providing analysis and advice, particularly on assessing compliance with human rights and international standards;
- Making sure that gender considerations are taken into account in all projects and documents and supporting the Chief of ARCin identifying, assessing, articulating and addressing appropriately any concerns on gender equality in the work of the Department;
- Reviewing and supporting the work of the international and local staff members in the Department;
- Liaising and co-ordinating tasks and clearance with the Mission’s other units or departments;
- Developing analytical and/or report-related procedures or mechanisms identified within the Department;
- In the absence of the Chief of the Analysis and Reporting Cell, performing his/her duties;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.