Create Local capacity for inter-ethnic cooperation
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Request for Application – RFA#1_2019
Create Local capacity for inter-ethnic cooperation
USAID’s Local Effective Governance Activity
Background: The Local Effective Governance Activity (hereinafter referred to as “Activity”) is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and It is implemented by International City/County Management Association (ICMA).The Activity’s overall purpose is to strengthen the operations and inclusiveness of municipal governance in municipalities with non-majority communities in Kosovo: Gračanica/Graçanicë, Štrpce/Shtërpcë, Novo Brdo/Novobërdë, Klokot/Kllokot, Parteš/Partesh, Ranilug/Ranillug, Istog/Istok, Klinë/Klina, Obiliq/Obilić, Dragash/Dragaš, Severna Mitrovica/Mitrovicë Veriore, Zvečan/Zveçan, Zubin Potok and Leposavić/Leposaviq.
Through this request for application, the Local Effective Governance Activity seeks well-qualified local implementing organizations to ‘Create Local capacity for inter-ethnic cooperation’ project.
During Assessment phase The Local Effective Governance Activity, found that while some barriers to inclusion and participation exist at the municipal level, other barriers exist at the community level. Citizens are not accustomed to organizing independently to articulate their concerns, and generally lack access to information or skills in facilitating dialogue. Moreover, the nature of the intra-communal and inter-communal barriers is different among the different ethnic communities, which further inhibits inter-ethnic cooperation.
Through this grant applicants should demonstrate the ability to identify and support in total three cross-municipal or inter-ethnic (joint activity of Kosovo Albanian, Kosovo Serb, RAE, Gorani, Bosniak and other communities) civic initiatives in LEGA target municipalities. Examples of potential initiatives include joint community requests (Kosovo Albanians and Kosovo Serbs) for improved security against thievery in Novo Brdo/Novobërdë or joint initiatives for residents of Gorazdevac/Gorazhdec and Pocesce Poceshq-Pocesce.
Expected Deliverables & Outputs:
Create Local Capacity for inter-ethnic cooperation grant foresees the following deliverables:
- Identify at least three cross-municipal or inter-ethnic civic initiatives in target municipalities; Facilitate at least 6 consultative sessions and formal events at the community, village, municipal and regional levels. Provide support to Village Councils and residents in respective communities to articulate initiatives and submit those to Local Authorities for consideration and resolution.
- Provide training to at least 20 members of local CSO’s/women/youth and community groups from target municipalities on citizen participation mechanisms.
- Produce video material and broadcast on Local/regional or National TV station. The video material should contain following elements: 1. An explanation of the issue that communities are facing with (inter-ethnic or cross municipal); 2. Community efforts in addressing this issue; What are legal mechanism for addressing this issue; 4. Following communities in submitting these requests to relevant authorities. Engage local/regional or national media in promoting initiatives (sharing know-how) to the wider community to create the catalytic effect (outreaching wider community and initiate similar actions by citizenry);
- Final Report
The Create Local Capacity for inter-ethnic cooperation project foresees the following outputs:
- Facilitate at least 6 consultative sessions and formal events at the community, village and municipal level. At least three joint inter-ethnic / inter-municipal issues identified in consultative process.
- Provide support to Village Councils and residents in respective communities to articulate initiatives and submit those to Local/National Authorities for consideration;
- Follow up with Local Authorities to ensure that issues have been discussed officially / included in agenda and addressed by authorities;
- At least 20 individuals from CSO/youth/women groups are trained in citizen participation mechanisms;
Eligible organizations include legally registered Kosovo non-governmental organizations (NGOs); Nonprofit; for-profit professional companies and media organization. For a detailed description, refer to the respective section of RFA#1 2019_Create local capacity for inter-ethnic cooperation. The list of minimum requirements for organizations is also outlined in the respective RFA#1 2019_Create local capacity for inter-ethnic cooperation.
Submission of Application: Applicants should submit applications in writing to Operations and Grants Director, via personal delivery, at the following project address: Sejdi Kryeziu Street, No. 23, Prishtina, 10000 by clearly marking RFA#01-2019 in the application envelope. Applicants should submit their application in English one (1) original print, as well as three (3) additional copies. The applicants are also required to submit an electronic (scanned) copy of their application via USB drive or CD. The closing date for submission of applications is 14:00 hours local time on August 02, 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
The detailed Request for Application, RFA#1-2019, along with the Application Form & Annexes, should be requested through the Activity’s email address at: firstname.lastname@example.org