Conference Equipment Technician
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSG02165
Vacancy type: Local Contracted
Field of expertise: Administration and Support
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Prishtine / Pristina
Date of issue: 30 April 2019
Deadline for application: 20 May 2019 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Provision of simultaneous interpretation equipment and sound system equipment tasks:
- Responsible for transport, installation, set-up, testing, adjustment, operation and removal of simultaneous interpretation equipment and sound system equipment for various meetings, roundtables, seminars, conferences and other events organized by OMiK throughout Kosovo, as well as outside of Kosovo, as assigned by National Language Service Coordinator; - Monitoring the use and performance of the equipment during the course of a meeting/ conference/ event and solving technical problems that may occur; - Inspecting the site of a meeting/conference/event in advance, if it meets the technical requirements; - Ensuring safe transport of equipment; - Liaising with meeting/conference/event organizers and the supervisor prior to the meetings regarding details such as technical set-up requirements, locations, number of participants, equipment needed, transport and lost/damaged equipment; - Has overall control for the technical performance of the equipment used within the Unit and recommending best practices; - Conducting internal inventory after each event.
2. Maintenance, technical and administrative support:
- Carrying out routine maintenance of simultaneous interpretation and sound system equipment on regular basis, and arranging for the repair/ replacement of defective equipment after consulting the supervisor - Contacting suppliers for technical advice; - Identifying equipment for write off; - Keeping RATS request logbook updates and ensuring prompt response to RATS requests for equipment; - Preparing in due time equipment customs documentation for events out of Kosovo; - Maintaining and updating schedule of meetings and statistics on technical support provided; - Holding short training sessions for interpreters (if/when needed) who will be working with the equipment during meetings/conferences.
3. Performing other duties as assigned; - May be called to drive official vehicles.
- Completed secondary education, vocational training in the field of conference equipment; - Minimum 3 years technical working experience in a related field preferably in an international environment; - Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and fluency in the local languages; - Knowledge on the use and maintenance of conference equipment; - Ability to identify and to analyse technical problems; - Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages; - Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religious and cultural backgrounds; - Demonstrates gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities; - Holding a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 908.92 EUR/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE group medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Utmost Worldwide.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How to apply:
For more details please visit the OSCE website employment section at https://jobs.osce.org/ All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link. In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded from “Links/ Off-line application form” on the same page, and send it by e-mail to Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org with vacancy number quoted in the title. Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.