Strategic Activities Fund (SAF) Manager
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Strategic Activities Fund (SAF) Manager
EMPOWER Private Sector
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is currently seeking a Strategic Activities Fund (SAF) Manager for USAID-funded EMPOWER Private Sector activity (“EMPOWER”).EMPOWER is designed to increase competitiveness in growth-ready sectors, facilitate inclusive private sector job creation.
The SAF Manager has primary responsibility for overseeing and administering EMPOWER’s Strategic Activities Fund. The Strategic Activities Fund is the primary mechanism that EMPOWER has used during implementation to provide financial support to many competitiveness and job-creation activities. The SAF Manager is responsible to ensure that all procurements and grants are provided in full compliance with applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations and other USAID rules contained in relevant Automated Directives System documents, and in EMPOWER’s Procurement Operations Manual and Grants Manual. The position maintains complete files for all documents evidencing compliance with these rules, regulations and procedures. The SAF Manager works with technical staff to design procurement and grant agreements that ensure that the beneficiary is accountable, that capacities to implement SAF-funded activities are adequate and documented, and that deliverables against which payment can be claimed are clearly defined and appropriately timed. The position cooperates closely with EMPOWER management, Team Leaders, Operations Manager and the Finance Manager to ensure that no advances are made prior to fulfillment of all conditions.
SAF Manager also works with prospective and current beneficiaries, and implementing partners serving beneficiaries, to build their capacities in applying/bidding for and properly managing their grants or procurement.
SAF Manager reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Supervise and administer all activities of the Strategic Activities Fund;
- Maintain standard operating procedures that fulfill all of the requirements of EMPOWER’s Procurement Operations Manual and Grants Manual, which are followed by EMPOWER staff, implementing partners and beneficiaries;
- Ensure that no disbursements are made from EMPOWER bank account to procurements or grants unless all prior evaluation, documentary and delivery requirements are fulfilled;
- Maintain the database with comprehensive and detailed information on every individual procurement and grant;
- Maintain complete and documentary records on all grants and procurement in electronic and/or hard copy as required;
- Advise EMPOWER team leaders and technical staff as to procurement and grant requirements and capacities to prospective and current beneficiaries to fulfill them;
- Assist EMPOWER technical staff, implementing partners, and beneficiaries in the structuring of procurement and grants;
- Collaborate with the EMPOWER technical staff and the Monitoring and EvaluationSpecialist to ensure the collection and recording of quantitative and qualitative data required by EMPOWER Performance-based Management/Monitoring and Evaluation system related to SAF activities.
- Facilitate reviews and audits of grant and procurement activities.
Position Requirements and Deliverables
Outputs and deliverables for this position are:
- Comprehensive and well-organized records for all procurements and grants consistent with all requirements of the Operations Manual, Grants Manual, and all USAID requirements;
- Well-maintained detailed database of all procurements and grants;
- Weekly, quarterly, annual, research, and other ad hoc reports as required for grants and procurements;
- Advice on procurement and grants management for implementing partners.
Capacities Required for Position
The following are the key minimum capabilities required for the proper execution of the above scope of work:
- Relevant university degree;
- Relevant professional experience, including extensive work on grants management;
- Strong understanding of USAID rules and regulations related to grants management;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate teams;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Office applications, with a focus on Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
To apply, please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is close of business on Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
No telephone calls, please. Finalists only will be contacted.
Cardno offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].