Tax Policy and Administration Advisor
- Publish Date
- End Date
| Të tjera...
- Job Places
Recruitment for Chemonics International
Tax Policy and Administration Advisor
Chemonics is implementing the USAID-funded Kosovo Economic Governance Activity (KEGA), a 5-year project that started in April 2019, to reduce public perception of and opportunities for economic corruption through improvement to economic governance, thereby encouraging investment in Kosovo’s economy. This result will be achieved through three main objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement;
- Strengthened Public Financial Management; and,
- Enhanced Strategic Communications.
The Tax Policy and Administration (TPA) Advisor will work in close cooperation with project staff to support private sector and non-governmental partners, the Ministry of Finance, the Tax Administration of Kosovo, and other relevant stakeholders, to institutionalize a service-oriented and risk-based approach to tax administration and mobilize public-private dialogue to foster voluntary compliance, enhance revenue mobilization, and reduce both opportunities for and perceptions of corruption. The TPA Advisor will also support public and private partners in improving the predictability, comprehensiveness, and transparency of the tax and non-tax policy design process to foster private sector development.
The TPA Advisor will support increased managerial utilization and publication of tax administration metrics, including audit, tax refund, and debt management performance indicators. The Advisor will also support partner efforts to enhance risk-based audit selection and streamline tax administration requirements that improve the business environment. Throughout the project, the TPA Advisor, in cooperation with project staff, will facilitate greater involvement of private sector partners in tax policy design and tax administration reform efforts. The term of assignment is for the life of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. At all times adhere to, and act according to Chemonics’ Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”).
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate structured dialogue and cooperation between the Ministry of Finance (MOF), the Tax Administration of Kosovo (TAK), and private sector partners, to identify, design, monitor, and evaluate tax policy and administration reforms that reduce the burden of tax compliance and foster tax administration integrity.
- In close collaboration with other donors, support TAK to improve the use of metrics and evidence, and their IT integration, to inform risk-based audit-selection.
- Support MOF and TAK to design and institutionalize metrics for evaluating tax administration performance and for informing evidence-based revenue budgeting.
- In close collaboration with other donors, support TAK efforts to institutionalize an outcome-based performance management system to optimize TAK resource allocation.
- Provide advisory support to build self-reliant MOF capacities for evaluating the fiscal impact of tax policy proposals and existing tax exemptions in support of evidence-based revenue budgeting.
- Support TAK efforts to further streamline and digitalize the tax refund process, and facilitate public-private dialogue and collaboration on the status and impact of tax refund reforms.
- Support MOF and TAK to utilize best international transparency practices to provide easily accessible tax information, including using mobile technologies.
- Work in close coordination with the project Public-Private Dialogue Advisor, Strategic Communications Advisor, and Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Analytics Advisor to identify and support opportunities to expand and institutionalize mechanisms for engagement between the government and the private sector, improve communications within government partners and between government and the private sector, and increase use of operational outcome-based performance metrics.
- Ensure collaboration with other objectives to find synergies and achieve project targets; Contribute to objective activities’ design under the direction of the PFM objective lead, with input from local team and counterparts.
- Meet or exceed all quantitative project goals and performance deadlines linked to this position as articulated in the project Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan and annual work plans.
- Submit required reports and deliverables in a timely fashion and in compliance with the program.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested by the chief of party and/or the PFM objective lead.
- Experience (Required) - Minimum 3 years of experience in tax administration, tax policy, tax advisory,and/or financial consulting.
- Education (Required) – Degree in economics, accounting, finance or related field; professional certification accounting or finance is an asset.
- Language Skills (Required) – English and Albanian fluency, with excellent writing and presentation skills. Serbian language skills preferred.
- Computer Skills (Required) - Advanced skills in using word processing (Microsoft Word) and spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) as well as electronic communications programs. Financial modelling, statistical analysis, and programming skills are considered an asset
- Interpersonal Skills (Required) – Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners (including high-level government officials, entrepreneurs and international donors) in a challenging environment.
- Self-Motivation and Guidance (Required) – Ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with or without direct oversight and effectively function in a complex, challenging environment.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to KosovoEGArecruit@chemonics.com by April 26, 2019 no later than 4:00 PM. Please indicate the position title for which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.