- Publish Date
- End Date
| Të tjera...
- Job Places
Recruitment for Chemonics International
Chemonics is implementing the USAID-funded Kosovo Economic Governance Activity (KEGA) a 5-year project, started in April 2019 to reduce public perception of and opportunities for economic corruption through improvement to economic governance, thereby encouraging investment in Kosovo’s economy. This result will be achieved through three main objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement;
- Strengthened Public Financial Management; and,
- Enhanced Strategic Communications.
Chemonics is seeking candidates for the position of Translator/Interpreter that will be responsible for providing translation and interpretation support for project staff. These skills may be required for document translation, meeting or presentation interpretation, or other materials and events as occur in the normal course of project operations. The term of assignment is long-term, subject to satisfactory performance. At all times adhere to, and act according to Chemonics’ Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”).
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific tasks of the Translator/Interpreter include, but are not limited to:
- Provide accurate and timely translation (English, Albanian and Serbian) for various technical and administrative documents related to the project.
- Serve as a facilitator and interpreter for meetings between long-term and short-term project experts and local partners.
- Provide other translation, facilitation and interpretive services and quality checks as needed.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the operations and finance director or chief of party on an ad hoc basis that are consistent with this scope of work and the general requirements of the project.
- Experience (Required) - Minimum 3 years’ experience providing translation and interpretation support and services in English, Albanian and/or Serbian languages.
- Education (Required) – University degree.
- Language Skills (Required) – English and Albanian fluency, with excellent writing and presentation skills. Serbian language skill preferred.
- Computer Skills (Required) - Word processing (Microsoft Word), e-mail (Microsoft Outlook).
- Interpersonal Skills (Required) – Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners (including high-level government officials, entrepreneurs and international donors) in a challenging environment.
- Self-Motivation and Guidance (Required) – Strong individual initiative and ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with or without direct oversight.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to KosovoEGArecruit@chemonics.com by April 26, 2019 no later than 4:00 PM. Please indicate the position title for which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.