Legal and Regulatory Improvement Advisor
- Publish Date
- End Date
| Të tjera...
- Job Places
Recruitment for Chemonics International
Legal and Regulatory Improvement Advisor
Chemonics is implementing the USAID-funded Kosovo Economic Governance Activity (KEGA), a 5-year project that started in April 2019, to reduce public perception of and opportunities for economic corruption through improvement to economic governance, thereby encouraging investment in Kosovo’s economy. This result will be achieved through three main objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement;
- Strengthened Public Financial Management; and
- Enhanced Strategic Communications.
Working as part of the Business Environment Improvement Objective, the Legal and Regulatory Advisor will support Activity public and private sector partners to strengthen Kosovo’s regulatory and inspections regime, support specific business environment reform initiatives, and align critical legislation with EU acquis and other international principles.
Furthermore, the Legal and Regulatory Advisor will support improvement of internal process of partners through identification and implementation of e-solutions and support the development within partners of simple, transparent, accountable, and responsive governance processes during and beyond the life of the project. The term of assignment is for the life of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. At all times adhere to, and act according to Chemonics’ Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”).
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support drafting of primary and secondary legislation for business environment reforms, including in inspections, company law, trade, and construction.
- Support selected inspections bodies in the Government of Kosovo and municipalities to improve internal operations and procedures based on applicable legislation and best international practices.
- Support key Government of Kosovo counterparts with implementation of business environment reform initiatives to increase efficiency and accountability and reduce burdens on private businesses, including by using third-party methodologies such as the World Bank Doing Business Methodology.
- Identify and assist with the development of e-solutions to support automating administrative processes, publishing and accessing information and eliminating human intervention, where possible.
- Work in close coordination with the project Public-Private Dialogue Advisor, Strategic Communications Advisor, and Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Analytics Advisor to identify and support opportunities to expand and institutionalize mechanisms for engagement between the government and the private sector, improve communications within government partners and between government and the private sector, and increase use of operational outcome-based performance metrics.
- Cooperate with other components to find synergies and achieve project targets; Contribute to component activities’ design under the direction of the Business Environment Improvement Objective Lead, with input from local team and counterparts.
- Meet or exceed all quantitative project goals and performance deadlines linked to this position as articulated in the project Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan and annual work plans.
- Develop the internal capacities of key Government of Kosovo and private sector counterparts to engage in simple, transparent, accountable, and responsive governance processes during and beyond the life of the project.
- Other tasks as required.
- Experience (Required) - Minimum 5 years of general working experience and minimum 3 years of specific working experience in legal drafting, business environment or public administration reform, trade law, construction law, or related field.
- Education (Required) – University degree in law or related field.
- Language Skills (Required) – English and Albanian fluency, with excellent writing and presentation skills. Serbian language skill preferred.
- Computer Skills (Required) - Word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), e-mail (Microsoft Outlook).
- Interpersonal Skills (Required) – Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners (including high-level government officials, entrepreneurs and international donors) in a challenging environment.
- Self-Motivation and Guidance (Required) – Strong individual initiative and ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with or without direct oversight.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to KosovoEGArecruit@chemonics.com by April 26, 2019 no later than 4:00 PM. Please indicate the position title for which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.