- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Recruitment for Chemonics International
Chemonics is implementing the USAID-funded Kosovo Economic Governance Activity (KEGA) a 5-year project, started in April 2019 to reduce public perception of and opportunities for economic corruption through improvement to economic governance, thereby encouraging investment in Kosovo’s economy. This result will be achieved through three main objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement;
- Strengthened Public Financial Management; and,
- Enhanced Strategic Communications.
Chemonics is seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant (AA). Under the direct supervision of the Operations and Finance Director (OFD), Administration Assistant (AA) provides support to complete all administrative, reporting, contractual, financial, and personnel responsibilities. The AA will also be responsible for maintaining primary points of contact between the project and the public through reception and telephone services. The term of assignment is for the life of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. At all times adhere to, and act according to Chemonics’ Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”).
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
Specific tasks of the Administrative Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Support. Assist all project staff to ensure smooth delivery of technical assistance, with particular attention to quality control throughout the project. Provide program logistics (travel, lodging), office operation support (assist in procurement of supplies, equipment and services, and IT), internal and external communications. Interact with local vendors and other project-related officials on an as-needed basis. Handle and manage all petty cash activity.
- Contract compliance. Assist on evaluation and revision as necessary all Requests for Quotations (RFQs), and serve on review committee as needed.
- Personnel Support. Maintain leave database, tracking annual leave projections and actual usage, and tracking sick leave.
- Corporate Communications. Under the direction and in cooperation with the OFD, support communication with the Chemonics KEGA PMU.
- Furniture and Equipment. Maintain inventory, checking all items against the inventory list at least semi-annually and ensuring proper equipment marking. Support distribution of program equipment among staff, including mobile telephones, LCD projectors, laptop computers, printers, etc. Maintain equipment tracker to prevent scheduling conflicts. Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with program and U.S. Government guidelines.
- Emergency Action Plan. Ensure the emergency action plan is updated regularly, and any additions and/or changes to the plan are circulated among the staff and to the Chemonics KEGA PMU.
- Ad Hoc Assignments. Perform any other operational and/or administrative tasks as directed by the OFD.
- Experience (Required) - Minimum 2 years experience as an administrative and operations assistant, demonstrating increasing responsibility, and job tasks similar to those listed above
- Language Skills (Required) – English and Albanian fluency, with excellent writing and quantitative skills. Serbian language skill preferred.
- Computer Skills (Required) - Word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), e-mail (Microsoft Outlook).
- Interpersonal Skills (Required) – Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners (including high-level government officials, entrepreneurs and international donors) in a challenging environment.
- Self-Motivation and Guidance (Required) – Ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with or without direct oversight and effectively function in a complex, challenging environment.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to KosovoEGArecruit@chemonics.com by April 17, 2019 no later than 4:00 PM. Please indicate the position title for which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.