Accounting and Procurement Specialist
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Recruitment for Chemonics International
Accounting and Procurement Specialist
Chemonics is implementing the USAID-funded Kosovo Economic Governance Activity (KEGA) a 5-year project, started in April 2019 to reduce public perception of and opportunities for economic corruption through improvement to economic governance, thereby encouraging investment in Kosovo’s economy. This result will be achieved through three main objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement;
- Strengthened Public Financial Management; and,
- Enhanced Strategic Communications.
Chemonics is seeking candidates for the position of Accounting and Procurement Specialist (APS). Under the direct supervision of the Operations and Finance Director (OFD), the Accounting and Procurement Specialist (APS) will maintain KEGA’s accounting system in compliance with the general principles of accounting and Chemonics field accounting manuals in line with U.S. and Kosovar government policies, procedures, and regulations. The APS will also, at the direction and under the supervision of the OFD, prepare procurement materials ensuring compliance with contract and U.S. government regulations, and conduct directed supporting tasks as needed for project activities. The term of assignment is for the life of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. At all times adhere to, and act according to Chemonics’ Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”).
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
Specific tasks of the Accounting and Procurement Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining liquidity of funds, compliance with audit requirements, and providing regular financial reports.
- Enter and process the monthly field office project expenditures (locals) in ABACUS software.
- Handle vendors’ and suppliers’ accounts including invoices, general ledger maintenance, journal entries and account reconciliation. Carry out correct and timely payments to vendors and service providers.
- Process expense reports and assist with financial tracking of local sub-contractors and fixed price contracts, in-country travel and training expenses.
- Prepare checks, receipts, journals and assist with entering payments in financial accounting and banking systems.
- Ensure all financial documentation is filed (securely) in both hard copy and scanned and saved in project digital files.
- Review field staff timesheets and ensure accuracy of the information included, maintain and tracking annual and sick leave database.
- Prepare letters, correspondence, requisitions and other forms of documents of consequence to be signed by the management.
- Complete monthly VAT reports for the submission to the local tax administration.
- Ensure efficient procurement of goods and services in a transparent and fully accountable manner, ensuring compliance with financial procedures, value for money and justifiable use of funds.
- Coordinate and liaise with KEGA staff to determine their product and service needs, and ensure that the basis for all major procurements decisions are documented.
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for goods and services without sacrificing quality, and nurture relationship with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for goods and services procured.
- Identify and research potential new suppliers and new products and services to meet the organization’s goals.
- Other tasks as assigned by the OFD.
- Experience (Required) - Minimum 3 years’ experience preferably performing in a similar reporting position in terms of job tasks and responsibilities outlined above.
- Education (Required) – University degree in accounting, financial management, or related field.
- Language Skills (Required) – English and Albanian fluency, with excellent writing and quantitative skills. Serbian language skill preferred.
- Procurement Knowledge (Required) – Demonstrated knowledge and effective application of procurement regulations.
- Computer Skills (Required) - Word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), e-mail (Microsoft Outlook), and accounting software
- Interpersonal Skills (Required) – Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners (including high-level government officials, entrepreneurs and international donors) in a challenging environment.
- Self-Motivation and Guidance (Required) – Ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with or without direct oversight and effectively function in a complex, challenging environment.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to KosovoEGArecruit@chemonics.com by April 17, 2019 no later than 4:00 PM. Please indicate the position title for which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.