SUPPORT TO STRATEGIC PLANNING OFFICE
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
THE EUROPEAN UNION’S TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO KOSOVO
Project Reference No.: EuropeAid/139592/DH/SER/XK
PROJECT: SUPPORT TO STRATEGIC PLANNING OFFICE
An EU funded project managed by European Union Office in Kosovo
Implemented by WYG Savjetovanjed.o.o
The Overall objective of the project is to support Kosovo in creating an effective, efficient and transparent public administration at all levels that ensures sustained socio-economic development, strengthens sectorial approximation and constructively engages in regional cooperation.
There are 2 main purposesof the project:
- To establish in a clear and coherent manner the national framework for strategic management and its links with the national budgetary frame documents.
- To set up the strategic policy cycle of planning, costing, funding, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluating, to check itsfunctionality by running at least one cycle in practice.
Title of Position
- Long-term local project Economist
The main responsibilities of the localproject economist will be as following:
- Day - to - day support of the Key Experts in their activities and delivery of results and outputs of the project defined by approved Inception Report;
- Support of project Non-Key Experts activities and delivery of results and outputs defined by approved Inception Report;
- Support Key Experts of the project in organizing Non-Key experts’ missions;
- Support Key Experts and Non – Key Experts in drafting the Monthly, Interim, Final and Mission reports byproviding necessary data and information;
- Contribute to the coordination between Project Team and Strategic Planning Office as well with other relevant ministries and institutions including donor funded projects in this sector;
- Provide all required related previous projects reports, documents and strategies to the Project Team of experts;
- Support Team Leader in coordination of the project team with beneficiary, relevant stakeholders and relevant projects;
- The local long-term project economist will be responsible to the Project Team Leader. Final accountability is to the Project Director of WYG Savjetovanjed.o.o.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in economics, social sciences, political sciences, public finance;
- Preferably 5 years, but not less than 3 years of experience in one or several fields: public and economic policy planning; macroeconomic analysis, sector policies/strategies analysis, public finance management;
- Very good command of English, both written and spoken (min. level 2 in the scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is excellent and 5 is basic);
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to readily communicate with others;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Previous working experience in donor-funded projects would be considered as an advantage.
April 2019 – May 2021. Three months probation period will be applied.
The office base is in Government Building, Floor V, Room No. 508, Str. NënaTerezën.n. in Pristina.
Interesting applicants should submit a motivation letter (up to 8,000 characters) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is close of business on Monday, March 25, 2019.
For inspiration: we do offer interesting job with ambition and motivated team and competitive salary.