Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) Language Assistant
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Post reference number: REF: RTA/A/2
Place of work: Civil Registry Agency (CRA), Pristina, Kosovo
Estimated starting date: 1 March 2019
Period of employment: Appr. 12 months
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 12th of February 2019
The International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities (VNG International) and State Enterprise Centre of Registers in cooperation with the European Union Office in Kosovo is looking for a full-time language assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) for the EU financed Twinning project “Support to Civil Registration and document security”.
The overall objective of the project is to support the Civil Registration Agency (CRA) and Municipal Civil Status Offices (MCSO) in improving the standards of the civil registration system and document security at municipal and central level, in accordance with EU standards and best practices.
The working language of the project is English.
- To serve as official verbatim interpreter for RTA and technical experts by providing simultaneous and consecutive interpretation from Albanian into English and vice versa;
- To provide high quality translation from Albanian into English and vice versa of documents and written materials of the project;
- To perform verbal interpreting from Albanian to English and vice versa during high level and other working meetings, conferences, workshops and study visits;
- To provide proof-reading, editing and quality control for translation;
- To undertake any other work-related task as requested by the RTA.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The ideal candidate will be hard working individual with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work closely with the RTA and team of experts.
To be eligible, an applicant must have:
- Fluency in Albanian and University degree in English;
- Professional fluency in oral and written English;
- Strong administrating and organizing skills;
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Willingness and flexibility to work overtime when necessary and attend working visits inside Kosovo and EU Member States as required;
- Previous experience in Twinning Projects would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Serbian language would be considered as an advantage.
Personal qualities especially important to this post include:
- Strong sense of initiative and responsibility;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent team working abilities are essential together with an innate diplomacy;
- Ability to work under pressure to designated timelines;
- Ability to cooperate smoothly in the multicultural environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Successful applicant will be an independent consultant, on the basis of the standard IPA-contracts for services. The RTA Language Assistant will be self-employed and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force, including for those related to medical and social insurance.
The assignment is full-time and for a period of approx. 12 months, taking into account any possible prolongation of the working programme. The RTA Language Assistant contract will be signed for a period of 1 year. Probationary period is 3 months.
NOTE: Twinning Manual foresees that the chosen assistant is not a civil servant and have had no contractual relation with the beneficiary at least during the 6 months preceding the recruitment nor is on leave from the beneficiary to take up the position of the Language Assistant.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURES
Qualified candidates are kindly asked to send their applications only via e-mail, duly completed in English, for the above-mentioned position not later than Tuesday, the 12 of February 2019 to the attention of Mr. Vaidas Valikonis, VNG International.
E-mail address: EUTwinningCRA@gmail.com with this specification on the subject: “SURNAME”_REF: RTA/A/2
Your application in English language must include:
- Letter of intention, signed by the applicant, explaining the compliance with the eligibility criteria for the specification post;
- Europass CV in English language with detailed description of professional experience and education (with exact dates);
- Copies of supporting documents (the copy of the University diploma, reference letters and certificates in the original language and, if available, in English).
All documents must be sent only one time in PDF format. Incomplete applications or sent to the mentioned email address after the above deadline will be disqualified and treated as non-eligible.
Only applicants selected for the interview will be notified.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview in Pristina on 21 or 22 February 2019. An assignment may be part of the interview.
Selected candidate will sign a contract with the Dutch Mandated Body (International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities) in charge of the administrative and financial management of the project.
Please note that applications will not be returned to candidate.