- Publish Date
- End Date
| Të tjera...
- Job Places
Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSC02116
Vacancy type: Intern
Field of expertise: Human Rights
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Prishtine / Pristina
Date of issue: 1 February 2019
Deadline for application: 14 February 2019 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Duration of the internship within the Human Rights and Communities Department is 3 months
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The selected intern will have the opportunity to gain an overview/familiarize themselves with the practical aspects of international human rights law, particularly as regards fair trial rights and the administration of justice. Under the overall supervision of the Chief of the Law and Justice Section of the Human Rights and Communities Department, the intern will be requested to carry out the following duties:
- Provides support to the Law and Justice Section in conducting analyses of, and drafting reports on, justice sector trends based on the Department of Human Rights and Communities’ reports, monitoring tools and taskings, projects and other documents;
- Provides support to the Law and Justice Section in organizing and implementing activities promoting legal and human rights activities organized within the Law and Justice Section, including logistic and administrative support;
- Assists the Law and Justice Section to co-ordinate programmatically with external interlocutors and other OSCE Mission in Kosovo Departments;
- Provide support to the Law and Justice Section in organizing and coordinating field activities. Facilitate communication between the field and the HQ channelling information/taskings and making sure that feedback from both sides are reaching the relevant actors;
- Support the Law and Justice Section in reviewing activity proposals from Law and Justice Section field teams and facilitate the communication between the field and HQ in any issue related to their implementation. Assist in the implementation of activities conducted by both Law and Justice Section HQ and field teams;
- Facilitate the project’s activities implementation monitoring and evaluation;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Be not older than 30 years on the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice;
- The incumbent should have completed two years of full-time university education in an accredited institution or have completed a first or advanced/postgraduate degree in a field relevant to the OSCE’s mandate no longer than two years before the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice
- At least two years of full-time post-secondary education in an accredited institution in international law, human rights or related fields
- Knowledge of international human rights instruments and standards
- Report writing experience
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Professional fluency in oral and written English
- Good writing skills
- Good interpersonal organizational and communication skills
- Ability to operate windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
- Previous internship and/or international work experience, preferably in the area of law and human rights
- Knowledge of the regional political situation
- Experience in project development and implementation
- Knowledge of one of the local languages.
The OSCE is not in a position to pay any remuneration or cover any expenses incurred by the intern during his/her stay nor reimburse travel expenses. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme. The internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for this internship opportunity, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please mention your availability dates in the cover letter. In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded from “Links/ Off-line application form” on the same page, and send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with vacancy number quoted in subject. Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/who/83 The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or offer an internship with modified terms of reference or a different duration. The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.