National Project Officer
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSN02110
Vacancy type: Local Contracted
Field of expertise: General Administration
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Prishtine / Pristina
Date of issue: 21 December 2018
Deadline for application: 17 January 2019 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Date of entry on duty: 1 February 2019
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Deputy Head of Office of Central Co-ordination (S3), the incumbent will be performing the following duties:
- Is focal point for the reviewing and assessing of the project proposals prepared by the Mission’s Departments and/or the Regional Centres, ensuring adherence to high quality standards of project development as well as coherence and consistency to the requirements and Mandate of the Mission;
- Providing guidance on procedures and criteria to be followed to facilitating project development, advising and assisting Project Managers in particular during the project design phase, and as required throughout the phases of implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
- Ensuring effective projects operational management, through obtaining clearances, comments and co-operation with the Department of Administration and Support, Office of Political Affairs and Communications and with the Office of Legal Affairs;
- Monitoring project implementation, by ensuring that the narrative and financial reporting requirements and deadlines are met, including coaching project managers on how to prepare qualitative project reports and evaluations; Maintaining accurate archiving;
- Providing technical assistance in organizing project management training to be delivered to Departments and Project Managers; assisting in preparing quality information packages and/or training materials, as well as in delivering the training;
- Preparing materials for projects review/briefings for the Head/Deputy Head of the Office of Central Co-ordination;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Social Science, Political Science, Business Administration, International Business;
- Minimum of two years (2) of working experience with the international agencies and national organizations in administrative structures, including financial experience, preferably in project management activities;
- Established experience of using the full range of project management techniques required to provide assistance to all staff members;
- Very good knowledge of all Microsoft applications, Doc-In, ORACLE, SMART, Microsoft Outlook and Project Cycle Management;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religious and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrates gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Holding a valid Driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,565.33 EUR/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE group medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How to apply:
For more details please visit the OSCE website employment section at https://jobs.osce.org/. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link. In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded from “Links/ Off-line application form” on the same page, and send it by e-mail to Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org with vacancy number quoted in the title. Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
* Subject to approval of 2019 UB Post Table