- Publish Date
- End Date
| Të tjera...
- Job Places
Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSC02108
Vacancy type: Intern
Number of posts: VNKOSC02108
Duty station: Prishtine/Pristina
Date of issue: 30 November 2018
Deadline for application: 16 December 2018 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Communities Section (CS) Chief of Section under the Human Rights and Communities Department (HRCD), the intern will be working with the CS team and will assist the office on all issues related to its day to day activities. The intern will focus on the CS workflow and will be engaged in supporting the efficiency in the tasks performed by it.
Specifically, the intern will:
- Become familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the Communities Section vis a vis the Sections of the Department and their interaction with the Field Teams, and how the Section relates to and supports the Mission’s mandate;
- Assist the Communities Section in compilation and analysis of data, gathered through tracking tools and drafting of summary of findings;
- Assist the Communities Section in liaising on all administrative related matters and on all issues requested by the supervisor or his/her delegated, with all relevant units within the Mission;
- Assist, as requested by the supervisor in consultation with the Chiefs of the Section and relevant field staff, in supporting specific activities of the HRCD Sections at HQ or Field level where needed;
- Provide support to the Communities Section in organizing and coordinating field activities and field coordination meetings. Facilitate communication between the HQ and field by channelling information/taskings and making sure that feedbacks from both sides are reaching the relevant actors;
- Assist the Communities Section in screening the biweekly reports making sure that comments are properly addressed by the HRCD sections and shared with the field offices and vice versa;
- Support CS in reviewing Quick Impact Initiatives (QIIs) and facilitate the communication between the field and HQ in any issue related to their implementation. Update, on regular bases, the QIIs table making sure that funds are used in line with the OSCE guidelines on QIIs;
- Ensure that the Mission calendar is, on regular bases, updated with the activities organized by the Sections;
- Facilitate the project’s activities implementation monitoring and evaluation;
- Performs other related tasks as required and as instructed by the supervisor.
- Be not older than 30 years on the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice
- The incumbent should have completed two years of full-time university education in an accredited institution or have completed a first or advanced/postgraduate degree in a field relevant to the OSCE’s mandate no longer than two years before the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice
- University education in Social Sciences, Law, Human Rights, or European Union related matters
- Strong analytical, research and drafting skills
- Good organizational skills with ability to identify, process and classify information quickly and efficiently
- Previous academic or training experience outside his/her country of nationality would be an advantage (e.g. participation in the Erasmus Programme)
- Previous experience in working or in having an internship for an international organizations or in legal offices, would be an advantage
- Excellent computer knowledge, familiarity with Microsoft Office and Internet applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people from different national and cultural backgrounds, whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is essential
- Knowledge of local language spoken in Kosovo would be an advantage
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to operate windows applications, including word processing and e-mail
- Knowledge of the political and legal framework of Kosovo desirable.
The OSCE is not in a position to pay any remuneration or cover any expenses incurred by the intern during his/her stay nor reimburse travel expenses. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme. The internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE.
How To Apply:
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for this internship opportunity, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please mention your availability dates in the cover letter. In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded from “Links/ Off-line application form” on the same page, and send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with vacancy number quoted in subject. Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/who/83 The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or offer an internship with modified terms of reference or a different duration. The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.