- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Position: Finance Officer
Work location: World Vision International - Pristina, Kosovo
Deadline of applications: 15 November 2018
Type: Fixed term, Full time
Please refer to the link below for submitting applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for all financial transactions, budgeting and tracking of expenses for the Kosovo office as established in the World Vision financial policies and procedures.
Responsible for coordinating the Administration and Human Resources services and functions for the Kosovo office, as established in the World Vision procurement policies.
- Finance Responsibilities
- Handle monthly transactions through cash, check and bank account.
- Preparing and registering Ledgers with appropriate data.
- Registering all transaction in the local accounting Software.
- Balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Prepare and distribute payroll for the staff.
- Prepare the cash funding request according with projects need.
- Assist in preparing budgets and providing variance explanations to the project financial reports.
- Inform project staff on project progress monthly by extracting reports periodically.
- Prepare interim/finale financial detail report as per EU requirements.
- Preparing Financial Statement as per Accounting Policies /Procedures and Kosovo Accounting Standards.
- Working closely with external and internal audit processes.
- Preparing/declaring annual reports as required by the Tax Office of Kosovo.
- Declaring and preparing VAT returns reimbursement.
- Prepare/declare/proceed monthly taxes (Payroll & rent) of Kosovo Office.
- Create good collaboration with Tax Office and assist in control processes from Tax Office.
- Applying financial partnership /grant guidelines in partners/grant agreements.
- Revising financial reports from Partners and attending monthly meetings.
- Working closely with Grant Department in writing new project proposals for Kosovo Office.
- Staff is being assisted and coached financially.
- Human Resources Responsibilities
- The personnel data (including annual leave etc.) is accurate and updated every month and every time a new staff is added or leaves the team.
- Staff health insurance is accurate.
- Maintain and monitor the current personnel filing system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or a related field of study.
- Computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database, management and spreadsheet software.
- Practical Knowledge of Financial basics.
- Analytical skills and good attention to details.
- Good knowledge of English.
- At least 2 years’ experience in accounting.
- Driving License, Category-B.
- Ability to travel across country and from Kosovo to Albania 10 % of time.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for the next phase of recruitment process will be contacted.