- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSP02086
Vacancy type: International Contracted
Field of expertise: Procurement
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Prishtine / Pristina
Date of issue: 20 September 2018
Deadline for application: 15 October 2018 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
OSCE missions and field activities are the frontline of OSCE work in countries that require assistance and are the agent through which political decisions are translated into action. Each mission has a different mandate, but generally work addresses early warning, preventive diplomacy, conflict management and post-conflict rehabilitation.
The OSCE Mission in Kosovo promotes human rights, good governance and the safety of all people living in Kosovo by monitoring and supporting the work of local institutions. The Mission, established in 1999, is among the largest OSCE field operations.
The OSCE Gender Action Plan is committed to increasing the number of female staff in all areas of the OSCE’s work. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head, Administration and Finance, the incumbent will be in tasked with:
- Directing, planning, developing and managing procurement of a broad range of goods, services and works;
- Co-ordinating with relevant business units to ensure that the Organization achieves best value for money;
- Identifying and implementing solutions to resolve procurement specific issues;
- Preparing and/or overseeing preparation of solicitation documents;
- Evaluating offers, ensuring that the evaluation is conducted on the basis of pre-established evaluation criteria and methodology;
- Approving purchase orders/contracts up to authorised limits;
- Preparing forms of contract for local window contracts and high value/complex cases;
- Ensuring that necessary approvals are obtained from relevant authorities;
- Ensuring review of contractors’ performance;
- Maintaining and updating proper procurement records including tender progress and contract management databases;
- Advising Programme Managers (PMs), requisitioning departments, Head/Administration and Finance on full range of procurement-related matters at various stages of procurement cycle;
- Reviewing procurement components of project proposals and providing recommendations for improvement;
- Developing and delivering procurement training;
- Conducting analysis of trends, procurement spend profiles as well as procurement statistical data;
- Assisting the PMs in establishing annual procurement and regularly reviews and updating such plans in consultation with relevant requisitioning departments;
- Planning and allocating tasks within Procurement and Contractual Services Section (PCSS) and assigning purchase requisitions to Procurement Assistants;
- Supervising, coaching, mentoring and evaluating staff within PCSS;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/kosovo
- Nationals of OSCE participating States, except for national or permanent residents of the duty station, are eligible to apply;
- First-level University degree in business administration, supply chain management, procurement, logistics, operations/management;
- A minimum of six years of progressively responsible professional experience out of which, at least two years in a management/supervisory role in procurement, contracting or logistics, preferably acquired in an international organization or a mission environment;
- Professional fluency in Engish, written and oral;
- CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply) Certificate Level 3 or equivalent would be an asset;
- Familiarity with procurement responsibilities from other international organizations are a strong asset;
- Working knowledge of another official language of the OSCE is desirable;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Holding a valid driving license;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft package and related data bases (ORACLE).
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is approximately US$ 4,929.25 to which is added Board and Lodging Allowance (currently EUR 109 per day). Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the CIGNA medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/employment.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/states .
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
The OSCE is a non-career organization committed to the principle of staff rotation, therefore the maximum period of service in this post is 7 years.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.