Deputy Chief of Party
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Project: Kosovo Up to Youth Activity
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in civil society, peacebuilding, health, nutrition, education, economic development, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,800 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. FHI 360 seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for a USAID youth development program in Kosovo. The purpose of the Up to Youth Activity is to address youth vulnerable to social exclusion by mobilizing and engaging youth in meaningful ways to effect positive change.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will support the Chief of Party (COP) in overseeing project implementation and will have a role in providing direct technical support tostaffand partners.The DCOP will assist the COP with all responsibilities, including the development and implementation of the project’s vision, strategy, and technical direction, ensuring timely progress against schedules, achievement of deliverables, and quality of results. The DCOP will serve as the secondary institutional liaison with USAID. The DCOP will supervise and guide three Objective Team Leaders (Key Personnel).
- Assist the Chief of Party with strategic and operational planning, including work planning, and ensure project compliance with all contractual reporting and financial requirements of USAID and FHI 360;
- Management of deadlines, drafting of reports, maintenance of records, and monitoring achievement of benchmarks in the contract;
- Assist the Chief of Party in creating and maintaining good working relationships with USAID, Government of Kosovo counterparts, local organizations, and other program partners;
- Provide oversight of all technical aspects of the project, including direction to youth civic engagement, skills development, and community engagement experts.
- Serve as acting Chief of Party in his/her absence; and
- Manage long-term staff and short-term advisors in a respectful and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of project results.
- 7 years of experience managing complex international programs (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing), preferably those funded by USAID;
- Fluent spoken, written, and reading abilities in English and Albanian and/or Serbian;
- Master’s or higher degree in a relevant field such as conflict resolution, international development, law, political science, or related social sciences;
- Experience in managing and implementing youth civic engagement, economic empowerment, community resilience, life skills development, and/or stakeholder engagement and networking activities;
- Experience providing technical assistance in youth and community engagement, life skills development, economic skills development, and/or furthering local partnerships and networks to strengthen resilience;
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with diverse local counterparts including government representatives, civil society organizations, donors, and donor-funded implementers;
- Proven human resource management skills;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches;
- Sound knowledge of Kosovo social and political dynamics.
Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.