- Publish Date
- End Date
- Contact Person
| TĂ« tjera...
- Job Places
Youth Specialist, Up to Youth - Kosovo
Equal Access International
Position Location: Pristina, Kosovo
Equal Access International is an international not for profit organization (501c3) working in over ten countries around the world. A communication for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that address the most critical challenges affecting people in the developing world in the areas of peace and transforming extremism, women’s and girl’s empowerment, governance, civic participation, youth development, human rights and health.
EAI is preparing for the Kosovo Up to Youth project, a $9 million activity funded by the United States Agency for Development. The overall goal of the activity is to increase youth resilience to social exclusion by engaging youth in meaningful ways to effective positive change, thereby decreasing youth involvement in violent extremism. This project is anticipated to be awarded by December 2018.
The Youth Specialist will lead the technical components of the project will ensure the quality of work and compliance with contractual obligations and results. S/he and will be responsible for coordinating and managing local partners.S/he will assume a senior leadership position and represent the project to external stakeholders including USAID.
Reporting & Supervision:
The YouthSpecialist will report to the Chief of Party.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience in a management position in a program of similar magnitude, preferably in the area of violent extremism, youth engagement, and conflict mitigation in Kosovo, the Balkans,or a country with a similar context.
- Experience working in youth-serving organizations or institutions serving the needs of at-risk youth in Kosovo
- Technical knowledge and experience in positive youth development, life skills development, and technical skills development for at-risk youth;
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including government representatives, non-profit associations, donors, media, academic and research institutes and other legal associations
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred.
- Strong commitment to and understanding of positive youth development and its relationship to radicalization in conflict and post-conflict environments.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of issues related to violent extremism in Kosovo and the technical aspects of project design and implementation.
- Experience mentoring local staff and local organizations and transferring skills and knowledge.
- Proven success and exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar-donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting, and preferably experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
- Fluency in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Albanian and/or Serbian languages spoken in the Balkansrequired.
Interested applicants should e-mail a copy of your CV and statement of interest to email@example.com with the reference “Youth Specialist, Kosovo Preventing Youth Violent Extremism project” in the subject line.
Kosovar Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
EAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.