- Publish Date
- End Date
| Arsim & Edukim
- Job Places
International Business College Mitrovica (IBC-M)
Position Title: Director
Type of position: International
Location: Mitrovica, Kosovo
Term of Appointment: Three year full-time appointment with possibility of renewal
Vacancy deadline: 15.09.2018
The International Business College Mitrovica (IBC-M) invites applications for the position of Director. IBC-M is an internationally accredited professional higher education institution offering 2-year vocational diplomas and 3.5-year Bachelor Degrees in the fields of Business, Public Administration and Environmental and Agricultural Management. IBC-M issues its own diplomas as well as double degrees from the Lillebaelt Academy of Professional Higher Education in Denmark and the University College Lillebaelt. IBC-M is accredited at the institutional and programme level by EVALAG, a German accreditation agency and member of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education, (ENQA), since 2012, EVALAG is listed on the European Register for QA agencies (EQAR), a national requirement for foreign agencies operating in Kosovo.
IBC-M is based in two modern campuses in Mitrovica, serving the different communities present in the city. It is characterized by its application-oriented approach, which ensures that its graduates hold a qualification that is relevant to the rapidly developing regional job market. The IBC-M motto "From Theory to Practice" is a commitment to a permanent orientation to the world of work. All courses are conducted in English.
IBC-M was originally founded in 2008 by SPARK, a foundation based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, engaged in economically and politically challenging environments. This may explain the focus of IBC-M on links between higher education and entrepreneurship, which helps empower young, ambitious people to lead their conflict affected societies into prosperity.
The position of Director is a full-time, three-year appointment with possibility of extension. (6 months’ probation period will be applied). The Director works across two campuses in north and south Mitrovica, Kosovo. The college is funded through a mix of international and local government funding as well as self-generated income through tuition fees, professional services, renting of premises and grants. The Director will be tasked with increasing the student population, expanding access to programmes relevant to working professionals, and implementing an applied research strategy.
Main tasks & responsibilities
The Director is responsible to the IBC-M Board of Directors for overall College Managment.
The Director shall:
- Chair the Academic Council. The Academic Council operates with full autonomy in order to enhance the interest of the College and facilitate all Academic decision making processes. (The decision of the Council are taken by the majority of the votes.)
- Carry final responsibility for the day-to-day management of the College;
- Represent the College in accordance to the policies laid down in the IBC-M Statutes and Rules and Regulations;
- Develop and maintain the College to maintain its international institutional and programme accreditation;
- Further increase its current full-time student base;
- Prepare and deliver on strategic and operational plans that will ensure the financial sustainability of the College and dedicate special attention to increasing the self-generated proportion of its operating budget;
- Provide leadership and oversight for the programme, applied research, administrative, business development, marketing, student recruitment, communications and extension functions of the College;
- Recruit and retain competent and qualified staff and ensure their continued development in line with the College’s development;
- Build the international profile of the college through formal networks in academia and in industry, ensuring high quality work and study opportunities for students;
- Maintain and develop the professional pedagogical approach in all teaching;
- Coordinate the Acquisition and Business Development unit that generates income for the IBC-M;
- Build client relationships towards the development of the professional services of the College;
- Manage the total annual budget of the College;
Requirements & skills:
- Candidate must hold a minimum of Master's Degree. Ph.D. or other advanced terminal degrees strongly preferred;
- Significant post-qualification work experience in professional vocational higher education institution that includes experience as a lecturer and a record of publications in an area relevant to the College’s mission;
- Strong record of innovative and professional accomplishments in a business/industry environment;
- Significant “hands on” management experience in leading and developing staff members, teams, programmes, and procedures in order to meet institutional goals;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse, transitional and challenging context;
- Proven ability to generate income through professional and higher education programmes and develop new income from foundations, corporations, governmental sources and private donors as well as through increasing the number of full-time enrolled students;
- Excellent oral and written language skills in English; knowledge of the other languages of the countries in the region is an advantage.
IBC-M invites application for the position of the College Director that will lead unique inter-ethnic higher education institute in the region that offer practice oriented business education through strong European Union support. Furthermore to the high quality IBC-M serves as a center of Excellence for the region in bridging the gap between academic, professionals and business through different EU funded projects. IBC-M by leading the biggest ERASMUS + capacity building project in Kosovo provides a knowledge transfer between Academia and Industrial stakeholders and contributes to sustainable multi-ethnic collaboration and economic stability in the region.
- An international and dynamic working experience
- Competitive monthly package, remuneration and benefits are in correspondence with the seniority of the candidate and the importance of the position of the director.
- Housing allowances, flight tickets
If you are interested, please send us your letter of motivation outlining how you meet the above criteria, along with a CV and three references, no later than 15.09.2018. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted at Early October 2018 and interviews will be held in second week of October 2018, which may include a site visit to Mitrovica. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com ‘Application: Director of IBC-M’ in the subject line. For more information and enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the IBC-M website, www.ibcmitrovica.eu.