Academic English teacher
- Publish Date
- End Date
Arsim & Edukim
- Job Places
German accredited Higher Education Institution offering Danish Bachelor degrees in Kosovo, supported by the European Union.
International Business College Mitrovica (IBC-M)
Position Title: Academic English teacher (full time)
Location: Mitrovica, Kosovo
Vacancy deadline: 15.09.2018
The International Business College Mitrovica (IBC-M) invites applications for Academic English teacher. IBC-M is an internationally accredited professional higher education institution offering 2-year vocational diplomas and 3.5-year Bachelor Degrees in the fields of Business, Public Administration and Environmental and Agricultural Management. IBC-M issues its own diplomas as well as double degrees from the Lillebaelt Academy of Professional Higher Education in Denmark and the University College Lillebaelt. IBC-M is accredited at the institutional and programme level by EVALAG, a German accreditation agency and member of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA), since 2012.
We are looking for full time Academic English teacher to support English in the College.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Developing and delivering a creative and engaging conversation based syllabus that builds confidence and promotes the core values of IBCM
- Creating an enthusiasic and engaging classroom atmosphere
- Comprehensively supporting and assisting with student recruitment from the high schools, including the facilitation of the IBCM entrance exam
- Acting as the main point of information and liaison between the high schools and IBCM
- Acting as an ambassador for IBCM in the classroom and in the communities visited
- Delivering conversational classes as part of other English programmes delivered by IBCM
- Undertaking ad-hoc administrative duties within the English department
- Monitoring and reporting on progress and development to the Head of English
Requirements and skills
- Native English speaker
- Recognised English language teaching qualification - TEFL, CELTA, DELTA, TESOL (or recognised equivalent)
- Good communication, social skills and sensitivity, and ability to work in a multicultural, post conflict setting
- Teaching experience with a similar age group is highly desirable
- Good team player, keen to see the department and college grow
- Marketing or sales experience would be an asset
- An international and dynamic working experience
- 900-1000Eur net p/month
- Fully furnished accommodation in Mitrovica
- Return flights
- 1 year contract with possibility of extension.
- 35 days holiday (per annum)
How to apply:
If you are interested, please send your letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference: Academic English teacher) no later than September, 15th, 2018.
For more information, please visit the IBC-M website: www.ibcmitrovica.eu