IT Support Technicians (10)
- Publish Date
- End Date
| IT & Dizajn
- Job Places
IT Support Technicians X10
About Connect Support
ConnectSupport is a premier global support solutions provider, headquartered in London, United Kingdom and Prishtina, Kosova.
We take end-to-end responsibility for monitoring, managing and supporting your customers, software and servers.
Our comprehensive portfolio of solutions provides powerful options to address your most difficult challenges. We improve the efficiency of operations, help grow business and enable it to expand into new markets.
Your job titles may vary. Alternatives include:
- Applications support specialist
- Help desk operator
- Desktop support
- System Administrator
You may also work within first or second-line support. The work is as much about understanding how information systems are used as applying technical knowledge related to computer hardware or software.
Key Skills for IT Support Technicians
While some necessary skills may differ, all IT support technicians should have the following skills:
- Listening: Because most IT support professionals work over the phone, they must be able to listen to resolve a customer's problem actively.
- Deductive Reasoning: Problem-solving skills are vital for IT technicians to determine the cause of a technological malfunction.
- Customer Relations: The frustrations that accompany technical troubles require that technicians maintain patience and communication skills when working with a customer.
- Knowledge: An IT technician must be knowledgeable about the product and be able to recall details about the technology itself.
- Confidence: Customers rely on technicians to resolve their IT problems, making confidence an important skill.
- Teamwork: IT technicians must work well with others because phone support requires the teamwork of both the customer and specialist.
IT support technicians should expect to assist in the following while on the job:
- Troubleshooting: Troubleshoot systems to determine technical issues.
- Installation: Customers often seek assistance in technology installation and configuration.
- Communicating: An IT technician must develop strong communication networks to best assist customers.
- Maintenance: Maintaining technology networks and systems is a primary role of an IT technician.
- Evaluation: When talking to customers, an IT technician must be able to determine the issue and evaluate the best way to resolve it.
- Instructing: IT technician must instruct customers on how to perform technological maintenance.
- Management: To remain efficient, a technician must manage time and priorities IT issues.
- Responding: An IT technician must respond to customer concerns.
- Support: No matter the customer’s need, an IT technician must address the need through technical support and instruction.
- Monitoring: Businesses often hire IT support technicians to monitor technology and ensure its efficiency.
- Hard working, with the ambition to grow and learn.
- Excellent English, especially in writing.
- Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.)
- Windows (7, 8, 10)
- Understanding DNS (Networking Knowledge)
- System Administration (User accounts, Groups, Privileges, etc.)
- Email Clients (Outlook, Mail (mac), Thunderbird, G-Suit, etc.)
Extra Knowledge that makes you Outstanding
○ WordPress / Joomla / Drupal
Due to the nature of the work, you may be expected to work shifts or be on call and it may be necessary to work extra hours to finish a job.
Please apply by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org