CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST - VN: 83288246
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. Working under difficult conditions, GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,
Programme „Capacity Development in the Basic Education Sector in Kosovo-CDBE”,is searching for following:
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
for conducting an analysis of legislation in the field of education of Kosovo
SHORT PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION:
The prime objective of the “Capacity Development in the Basic Education Sector in Kosovo” (CDBE) programme is to improve the quality of basic education for all children in Kosovo. GIZ CDBE adopts a systemic approach, working on different levels of the education sector with the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MEST) as its main political partner. Based on its respective mandate and common objectives, GIZ CDBE offers support to the Committee for Education, Science, Technology, Culture, Youth, Sports, Innovation and Entrepreneurship on strengthening the transparency and accountabilityin the education system, with the specific focus onthe quality of basic education.
In agreement with the respective Committee the focus of this consultancy will be to conduct an analysis of the coherence of primary and secondary legislation in the area of pre-university education of Kosovo in order to strengthen policy coherence in the sector.
- Familiarize with laws and sub-legal acts related to the education sector;
- Conduct the analyses and draft the report through a participatory process;
- Organize and conduct several meetings with relevant actors from the education system to collect more accurate data;
- Submit the final report (based on the agreed outline) to GIZ CDBE.
The contracted local consultantwill have to organize and implement the above-mentioned tasksin the periodfrom May 2018 – June 2018.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
- University Degree in Law, Education, Social Sciences, or related subjects (Master or equivalent);
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of expertise in a comparable position;
- Strong experience in the analysis ofprimary and secondary legislation;
- Experience in the pre-university subsector in Kosovo;
- Knowledge of current challenges and discourses within Kosovo’s education sector;
- Analytic and strategic thinking as well as very good command of written expression;
- Very good command of spoken and written Albanian and English.
The applying consultant needs to proof experience in the field of education and law monitoring. A complete application therefore should contain:
- Sample of similar work in education and law sector (impact studies, low analyses, research, consultancies etc.);
- At least 2 Reference Letters.
The deadline for submitting the application is 23.05.2018, through a closed envelope to GIZ offices in Pristina, Rr. Anton Ҫeta Nr. 1, labelled “VN: 83288246 - Call for expression of interest for conducting an analysis of legislation in the field of education of Kosovo”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further application procedures.