Sector Specialist Assistant
- Publish Date
- End Date
| Të tjera...
- Job Places
Sector Specialist Assistant
EMPOWER Private Sector
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is currently seeking a long-termSector Specialist assistant(local position) for USAID-funded EMPOWER Private Sector activity.EMPOWER is designed to increase competitiveness in growth-ready sectors, facilitate inclusive private sector job creation.
The Sector Specialist Assistant (SSA) will provide wide-ranging research, analytical, and technical support and backup to EMPOWER’s Component 2 (Job Creation) team.
The SSA will have principal responsibility in assisting the Component 2 Team Leader for planning and implementing activities that will create jobs in Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Sector, other opportunistic sectors, and other sectors managed by component 2 Team Leader. This position will assist in the identification and analysis of such opportunities, and the preparation of EMPOWER support to address the challenges of realizing them. Component 2 also houses EMPOWER’s expertise in Access to Finance. The SSA will assist the component Team Leader in origination and proposal of SAF investments for job-creating activities in opportunistic sectors, workforce development activities, and access to finance activities.
The position reports to the Job Creation Team Lead. The position supports achievement of all Activity objectives and Performance Management Indicators.
Tasks of the Sector Specialist Assistant are as follows:
- Provide research assistance for all of the technical activities of the project.
- Prepare periodic analytical reports on the economic performance and progress of EMPOWER’s focus sectors, for publication and circulation to media, website posting, use in EMPOWER presentations, and distribution to stakeholders, financial institutions, and prospective investors.
- Maintain an updated electronic reference library of third-party documents and materials that bear on EMPOWER’s objectives and approach. Prepare summaries of these documents for the use of technical support staff and for posting on our website for outside users.
- Prepare business and financial profiles of selected EMPOWER beneficiary companies for targeted and broad distribution, in support of EMPOWER’s efforts to promote them to buyers and lenders/investors.
- Identify and facilitate market linkages for EMPOWER beneficiaries. Design, organize and implement promotional events locally and internationally regarding promoting our beneficiaries’ products/services.
- Track and analyze all donor and government-sponsored projects and programs in Kosovo supporting enterprise development and maintain updated information on their activities accessible to technical staff. Assist coordination with related projects.
- Design all project PowerPoint and other technical presentations, based on information provided by technical staff. Maintain visual consistency and employ presentation technologies most effective for adult learning and facilitation of discussion.
- Supporting all technical teams in gathering and organizing activity information and maintaining electronic logs for every discrete activity.
Position Requirements and Deliverables
Outputs and deliverables for this position are:
- Analytical reports informing and supporting EMPOWER activities.
- Up to date Activities Database.
- Contributions to weekly, quarterly, annual, and closeout reports.
- Achievement of all project Performance Management Indicators.
Capacities Required for Position
The following are the key minimum capabilities required for the proper execution of the above scope of work:
- Relevant university degree
- Capacity for innovative and independent work
- Knowledge of USAID strategic goals for Kosovo and their operating methodologies
- Strong conceptual and communications skills in verbal presentations and writing, in both local language and English
- Fluency in English, Albanian and Serbian preferable.
- Attention to details.
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Office applications, with a focus on Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
To apply, please send CV to: email@example.com
The application deadline is close of business on Friday, May18, 2018.
No telephone calls, please. Finalists only will be contacted.
Cardno offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].