- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
JOB OFFER by GIZ
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,
Project “Capacity Building in Basic Education - CDBE” offers the vacancy for:
Overall purpose of the assignment
The internship will take place in GIZ’s programme “Capacity Development in the Basic Education Sector in Kosovo (CDBE)”. The intern will primarily support the CDBE project team and will fulfill tasks delegated by the CDBE team leader and other project staff. The intern will support the team in the implementation of project related activities within the basic education sector, most notably in the thematic fields of institutional capacity development, education management and teaching quality. Apart from support in these areas, the intern will work closely with a team of two international interns for conduction of a research study in regard to student assessment in primary and lower secondary schools in the GIZ CDBE pilot municipalities.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The following tasks/ responsibilities are indicative and may be modified according to the needs of the project:
- Support in the preparation and implementation of the aforementioned research study (planning, development and application of research instrument, data entry, analysis, reporting);
- Support the team leader and the project team in everyday project related duties;
- Provide administrative and organizational support, such as translation and preparation/ documentation of meetings;
- Support the preparation, implementation and post-processing of workshops, conferences and trainings in the basic education sector;
- Tasks in the area of PR (intranet, website, social media, internal communication) and contributions to the projects knowledge management.
Qualifications and experience sought
- University degree: completed bachelor studies in educational-, social sciences or related fields;
- Active extra-curricular engagement in school and/ or university is considered a strong asset;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of GIZ and motivation to contribute to the development of the basic education sector in Kosovo;
- Pro-active attitude towards work and strong motivation to take on new challenges;
- Strong team player and ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues from different backgrounds to achieve the projects’ goals;
- Values the ideas and opinions of colleagues and is willing to learn from others;
- Excellent English, Albanian and/or Serbian language skills, both in speaking and writing;
- Knowledge of German language is considered an asset;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The office is based in Pristina.
- Participation in field visits throughout Kosovo is expected. Duration
- The internships should start in the beginning of September and will last for 3 months.
How to apply
Send only the following documents in PDF version to email@example.com
- CV Europass http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions
- Letter of Motivation
- Subject of the email: Internship_CDBE
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for applying: 20th of August, 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply.