ANIMAL GENETIC RESOURCES EXPERT
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – ANIMAL GENETIC RESOURCES EXPERT
Deutsche Gesellschaftfür Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH for the needs of the project ”Rural development by integrated forest and water resource management in South-East-Europe” (LEIWW) implemented in partnership with the Standing Working Group for Regional Rural Development (SWG), is searching for national expert from Kosovo related to animal genetic resources.
We are searching for:
- One (1) animal genetic resources expert from Kosovo,
The objective of the assignment of the expert is contribution to development of a regional approach for the assessment of the conservation and sustainable use of genetic resources in agriculture in the countries of the SEE, as well as to provide recommendations for mainstreaming biodiversity in the agricultural and land management policies, plans and programs of the SEE countries.
The specific focus of the assignment is preparation of country assessment of the state of the art of conservation (in situ and ex situ) and sustainable use of animal genetic resources in agriculture in Kosovo.
The individual experts who fulfill the criteria are kindly asked to submit letter of interest to participate in the tender procedure. Letter of interest (motivation letter) along with detailed CV of the expert including list of references related to animal genetic resources in English language (application under the heading LEIWW) should be delivered to following e-Mail address : email@example.com not later than August 15th, 2017.
- Subject of the e-mail: Animal Genetic Resources Expert
The experts should fulfill the following minimum qualifications:
- University education related to agriculture and rural development, environment, genetic resources or similar, PhD degree would be considered as an advantage;
- Professional experiences in implementation of activities related to conservation and preservation of plant/ animal genetic resources;
- Extensive knowledge of Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), NATURA 2000, EU Biodiversity Strategy and Biodiversity action plan for Agriculture, and Convention for Biodiversity (CBD);
- Experiences in management/ implementation of national/ regional/ international projects related to conservation and sustainable use of animal genetic resources;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Experiences in cooperation and knowledge of the situation in the South-East European countries;
- Experiences in preparation of various reports, documents;
- Extensive knowledge of English language, advanced writing and communication skills.
Selected experts, who fulfill the above defined criteria, will be invited to participate in the tender procedure. The detailed Terms of Reference will be delivered to the candidates who will be invited to participate on the tender procedure.
Letters of interest submitted after the deadline will not be considered.