- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
JOB OFFER by GIZ
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaftfür Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,
Project “Capacity Building in Basic Education - CDBE” offers the vacancy for:
Overall purpose of the assignment
The internship will take place in GIZ’s programme “Capacity Development in the Basic Education Sector in Kosovo (CDBE)”. The intern will primarily support the CDBE project team and will fulfill tasks delegated by the CDBE team leader and other project staff.The intern will support the team in the implementation of project related activities within the basic education sector, most notably in the thematic fields of institutional capacity development, education management and teaching quality. Apart from support in these areas, the intern will take a key role in the organization of a summer academy with students in Kosovo.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The following tasks/ responsibilities are indicative and may be modified according to the needs of the project
- Support in the preparation and implementation of the aforementioned summer academy;
- Support the team leader and the project team in everyday project related duties;
- Provide administrative and organizational support, such as translation and preparation/ documentation of meetings;
- Support the preparation, implementation and post-processing of workshops, conferences and trainings in the basic education sector;
- Tasks in the area of PR (intranet, website, social media, internal communication) and contributions to the projects knowledge management.
Qualifications and experience sought
- University degree: completed bachelor studies in educational-, social sciences or related fields;
- Active extra-curricular engagement in school and/ or universityis considered a strong asset;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of GIZ and motivation to contribute to the development of the basic education sector in Kosovo;
- Pro-active attitude towards work and strong motivation to take on new challenges;
- Strong team player and ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues from different backgrounds to achieve the projects’ goals;
- Values the ideas and opinions of colleagues and is willing to learn from others;
- Excellent English and Albanian language skills, both in speaking and writing;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The office is based in Pristina.
- Participation in field visits throughoutKosovo isexpected.
- The internships should start as soon as possible and will last for 6 months.
GIZ encourages candidates with disability, from ethnic minorities and female candidates to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English language consisting of a letter of motivation, CV, references, etc.to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The letter of motivation must clearly demonstrate your personal motivation to undertake this internship and why you are the most suitable candidate.
Subject of the email:Application for GIZ “CDBE”
Deadline for the application:26.05.2017