Project Advisor for Private and Public Sector Cooperation in Vocational Training
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Contact Person
- Job Places
Employment Advertisement GIZ
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaftfür Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forwardlooking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. Working under difficult conditions, GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
The GIZ project “Youth Employment and Skills (YES)” aims to improve the employability of Kosovar youth in the labour market. It’s focus is to improve the quality of vocational education and training for young peopleto meet the needs of local and international labour markets and employers.The project further supports adapting and implementing labour market measures to address the needs of young people, including vulnerable groups (especially minorities, returnees).
The project is looking to fill one position as:
Project Advisor for
Private and Public Sector Cooperation in Vocational Training
The advisoris responsible for:
- Support to the planning, implementation and monitoring of the project activities in Kosovo (including the North), in close consultation with the GIZ project team and counterparts
- Provision of advisory services and technical assistance to private and public stakeholders in matters relating to the improvement of vocational education and training (VET) system in Kosovo
- Development and implementation of targeted training programmes and advisory services for VET stakeholders, with particular emphasis on private sector business membership associations and groupings of individual businesses
- Organizing of and participating in meetings and workshops as scheduled by the project
- Facilitation and documentation of workshops, round tables, seminars and meetings with stakeholders on the local and national level
- Elaboration of the studies and concept papers
- context-sensitive implementation of the concepts and tools developed as part of the project
The advisor performs the following tasks:
- supports the project team in improving private sector engagement in the vocational training system of Kosovo, in particular by strengthening business membership organizations (e.g. chambers, industry associations, business clubs) and their individual members in cooperating with VET schools and Centers in the implementation of VET programmes
- supports the project team to develop and implement capacity development programmes for national and local stakeholders to better implement cooperative vocational training measures
- prepares, facilitates and documents workshops, round tables, seminars and meetings with different stakeholders on the local and central level, in cooperation with other GIZ team members and project partners.
- prepares or quality assures studies and concept papers
- participates in the meetings of the project team as scheduled by the project manager.
- Networking and cooperation
- Actively mobilizes and organizeslocal stakeholder groups involving private sector (business membership organizations, individual companies, private training institutes), public sector and civil society in the vocational education and training sector
- maintain good working relationships with private and public stakeholders in the sector and the project locations (especially on local and regional level)
- Assists in increasing the visibility and outreaching of vocational education and training opportunities and services in the project areas through online media or other formats.
- Coordination tasks
- compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
- coordinates relevant project activities in consultation with the project teamand in cooperation with project partners, implementing agencies and other donor agencies
- assists in monitoring and evaluation activitiesensures that the GIZ project team is kept up to date on current developments on the local and regional level
- assists in preparing the appropriate inputs for various technical and project progress reports.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent professional certificate in business administration, economics,vocational trainingor a related subject.
- Prior learning in an apprenticeship context, with according certification will be an asset
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of vocational education and training and/or private sector development, ideally with a history in a private sector position (company training manager, VET advisor of a private sector industry association, in-company trainer, manager/trainer of a private training institution).
- Good knowledge of cooperative systems of vocational education and training, ideally experience with implementation of similar projects funded through international agencies promoting dual or cooperative vocational training approaches.
- Experience with company level vocational training (as manager or instructor / trainer), and developing industry-school linkages will be an asset
- Experience in one or more of the following professions will be an asset: automotive, mechanical engineering, construction/building, IT, care giving (nursing, geriatric care), commercial / trade clerks
- Excellent knowledge of vocational training and employment promotion context in Kosovo, good knowledge of the local labour marketchallenges in Kosovo
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Albanian language skills. German and Serbian language skills are an advantage
- Analytical skills, experience in employment analysis is an asset
- Very good communication, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a sensitive political environment
- Advanced ICT application skills (MS Office standard applications)
- Team-work spirit
- Interest and sensitivity to work in a multi-ethnic environment
- Excellentanalytical report writing skills.
- Readiness for frequent travelling and working in the whole area of Kosovo
GIZ encourages candidates from ethnic minorities and female candidates to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English or German consisting of a letter of motivation, references (at least one reference must be or have been the direct supervisor in previous working relationships) and CV in the format:
http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions to email@example.com
Starting date: as soon as possible; Contract period: until 30thJune 2020.
Location: Pristina, Kosovo
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Subject of the email: Project advisor for YES skills promotion.
Deadline for the application: 10. April 2017