Solidar Suisse fights for decent work, democratic participation, and social justice worldwide. On behalf of our donors, we put solidarity into action in over 60 projects on four continents. In Southeast Europe, Solidar Suisse seeks to strengthen civic participation and workers’ rights.
To complement our competent team in the Regional Office in Kosovo we are looking for a
Project Manager 100% (Democratization & Civic Participation)
You are responsible for the professional management of the programme component “youth participation”. In close cooperation with our partner organisations, implement the projects promoting youth participation in the decision-making process. Together with local representatives of the education and youth, advocate for the sustainable anchoring of the progress achieved in the projects. Furthermore, you actively contribute to the successful strategic development of Solidar Suisse overall programme in Southeast Europe and act as a communication officer as well as support the acquisition of additional projects.
- Several years of experience in project management including monitoring and evaluation, financial management, and reporting.
- Knowledge and experience in communication and social media management
- Good knowledge of the youth, good governance, and democratization in Kosovo, particularly in the field of youth, public participation, labour rights, social dialogue, and gender issues.
- Knowledge of good governance and labour rights in Kosovo and the corresponding development and reform projects, as well as the actors involved.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills. Knowledge of the Serbian language is an advantage.
- Experience in dealing with various stakeholders (public authorities, private sector, schools, trade unions, women's associations) and ability to facilitate in a multi- stakeholder environment.
- Experience in participating in international project tenders and in developing successful project concepts and writing project proposals.
- Knowledge of development cooperation in the fields of civic participation, promotion of labour rights, and social inclusion, and willingness to engage in these areas.
- An interesting, wide-ranging field of activity in a lively organisation with a lot of dynamism and an open organisational culture.
- Progressive employment conditions.
- Workplace in a central location in the city of Peja, and partly in our office facilities in the center of Pristina.
If you are enthusiastic about this challenging job in a motivated team, we look forward to receiving your application (CV preferably EU Pass and Motivation Letter). Please send your documents by e-mail by Monday, 5 December 2022 at the latestto [email protected]