REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - Preparation of the Preliminary and Main Technical Design for the upgrade of the water distribution networks in Municipalities of Gjilan and Kamenica
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Preparation of the Preliminary and Main Technical Design for the upgrade of the water distribution networks in Municipalities of Gjilan and Kamenica
COUNTRY – Republic of Kosovo
NAME OF PROJECT- Fostering and Leveraging Opportunities for Water Security Project (FLOWS)
ASSIGMENT TITLE: Preparation of the Preliminary and Main Technical Design for the upgrade of the water distribution networks in Municipalities of Gjilan and Kamenica.
IDA Credit No. 6636-XK
Project ID No. 169150
Reference number: FLOWS-CS-CQ-02
Issued on: September 06, 2022
The Government of Kosovo has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Fostering and Leveraging Opportunities for Water Security Project (FLOWS) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the preparation of a project documentation at the level of the Preliminary and Main Technical Design for the replacement and expansion of the distribution networks in two areas managed by the Regional Water Company “Hidromorava”, covering Kosovo Municipalities of Gjilan and Kamenica.
The estimated maximum level of effort is 100 working days necessary to carry out the respective tasks/assignment.
The Consultant shall perform the services from September/October 2022 until March/April 2023 (seven months from the contract signing date)
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment are attached to this request for expressions of interest.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment: Preparation of the Preliminary and Main Technical Design for the upgrade of the water distribution networks in Municipalities of Gjilan and Kamenica, are attached to this request for expressions of interest.
can be obtained at the address given below:
(Please select link and press Ctrl and click- and go to the link and open)
The Ministry of Environment, Spatial Planning and Infrastructure now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The Consultant (Design Firm) is expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- The Consultant have successfully implemented a design of water supply systems of similar complexity and minimal length of 5 km in the last 5 years (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021).
- The Consultant and/or any of the consortium members must have at least 5 years of experience working with project preparation for urban and rural water supply systems, accompanied with relevant documentary evidence or a list of references.
- At least 5 years of operations proven by evidence/registration from business registry. This is applicable for each member in case of a consortium.
Successful Consultant must register in Kosovo as a condition for contract signature according to the legislation, or in case of a consortium, at least one of the members of the consortium must be registered in Kosovo.
• Evidence that the Consultant or any of the consortium members is not under investigation or under any unforced violent administration, issued by the competent court.
• Evidence that Consultant or any of the consortium members has no obligations at Tax Administration of Kosovo or their respective country for international applicants, testified by a tax certificate or agreement
- Selection process will be based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated track record of consulting services with preparation of project documentation for the water supply systems............................................... (70%)
- Number of similar contracts implemented in the last 5 years...................... (30%)
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2017 and Aug 2018 for the supply of goods, works, and non-consulting and consulting services setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant’s Qualifications (CQ) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 08:00 to 16:00 hours (Monday to Friday).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by September 27, 2022.