Together Advancing Kosovo’s Training and Employment within the Education Sector (TAKE)
Caritas Switzerland (CACH) Country Office for Kosovo is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified candidate for the position of
PROJECT MANAGER (PM)
will implement the Project Together Advancing Kosovo’s Training and Employment within the Education Sector (TAKE), in line with Caritas Switzerland rules and regulations and donors’ requirements. The project will last until mid-2025.
The PM will implement the project TAKE, in line with the given intervention as described in the approved project documentation.
The start of employment will be as of 3. October 2022.
- Provides overall leadership and management of the project;
- S/he will lead the project implementation team towards the achievements of the project objectives with high-quality standards and ensures quality results with due respect to donor requirements and CACH regulations and standards;
- Together with the Country Director and the team, s/he ensures effective consultations with the relevant Ministry departments and divisions, municipalities, partners, donors and other stakeholders and maintains a written track record of all project-related communication and agreements;
- Develop a monitoring & evaluation system and tools, that ensure qualitative and quantitative data; furthermore, develop data collection tools such as necessary databases to organize and process the project data; provide M&E training and coaching to the project staff;
- Review on regular basis project details, and deliverables as scheduled with the project activity plan; and ensure that progress and final reports are produced timely and in a quality manner as per donor and CACH requirements;
- Oversee the project budget to ensure that budget expenditure projections are met, and procurement of goods and services are in line with CACH rules and regulations;
- Project expenditures, prepare justifications for cost modification requests, and ensure full compliance with donor financial requirements;
- Manage working relationships with all relevant project partners, sectoral partners, and government representatives on a national and local level and coordinate with the Country Director and the Programme Manager for the implementation of local-level advocacy initiatives;
- Prepares project briefs, assures good public relations, develops project with the staff information packages and other media-related materials;
- Preparation and organization of official missions, and necessary appointments with project stakeholders, including logistical arrangements;
- If needed, occasional translation services, correspondence, and minutes in English and local languages (Albanian or Serbian);
- Conducts other activities as requested by the Country Director and the Programme Manager or as deemed necessary within the framework of the Caritas Switzerland Mission in Kosovo;
- Master’s degree (pedagogy or similar);
- Proven working experience in project cycle management, particularly implementation;
- Good knowledge of vocational education/employability and/or early childhood education;
- Minimum of five years of working experience in the international development environment;
- Experience with organizational development, gender mainstreaming, and conflict-sensitive development work in the field of early childhood education or vocational education;
- Knowledge of Kosovar municipalities and their administrations, particularly in education;
- Experience in implementing, monitoring and evaluating development projects;
- Experience in collaboration with Academic Institutions, International Organisations, Government Institutions, NGOs and Donors in work in the field of education;
- Advanced skills in planning, written and oral communication, facilitation, and coordination;
- Excellent knowledge of English, Albanian and/or Serbian languages (both written and spoken);
- Excellent skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc);
- Teamwork and communication skills;
- Flexibility to travel in the field and flexibility in working hours;
- A valid driving license (B).
Pls. note that Caritas Switzerland is an international NGO working in Kosovo since 1999. The organization will pay a competitive national salary, including health insurance and further education/training. The successful candidate will join a highly motivated team in a stimulating and supportive work environment. For more information on Caritas Switzerland pls. check www.caritas.ch.
Please provide the following documents in PDF format:
- Motivation Letter
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English with details of your qualifications and experience
- Emails addresses, contact info, and job position of three referees.
Qualified candidates from minority communities and women are encouraged to apply!
Note that applications without a Motivation Letter or CV may not be considered for shortlisting. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Employment for this position is subject to funding and final project approval of