The Accessible Quality Healthcare (AQH) Project is a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) that supports Kosovo health sector reform and complements other donor-supported programmes with a focus on Primary Healthcare (PHC). The project is implemented by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute.
The third phase of AQH aims to consolidate and upscale the achievements of the two previous phases, for a period of 4 years, and will continue to stimulate the use of quality PHC services by all citizens, with particular attention to the needs and inclusion of socially vulnerable populations.
The project is seeking applicants for the following position:
- Financial administration including of project administrated project funds, maintain robust financial management and reporting systems that meet donor and national regulations, in line with international best practice.
- Maintain financial records for all project activities, manage financial transactions, provide high quality financial reports and ensure that national obligations relating to financial management, tax and fiscal responsibilities are met in full.
- Facilitate project procurement processes, including close work collaboration with the procurement and admin team members.
- Support budgeting processes and analytics, regularly monitor and track project expenditure against available budgets. Manage financial relations with banks and project stakeholders.
- Assist external financial audits and follow-up of recommendations. Support phase-out of project including the closure of the office at the end of phase.
- Contribute to training activities related to budget management at municipal level.
- Minimum of 10 years financial management experience within the finance department of a national or international organization
- University or equivalent degree in finances/accounting
- Membership of Professional Accountancy body (e.g. CA, ACMA, ACCA, SCAAK)
- Extensive experience of project financial reporting and use of financial management sofwares, including Quickbooks, Banana Accounting package or similar
- Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral skills in English and Albanian
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of national and international regulations, guidelines and best practices for financial management
- Able to provide financial management training activities conducted through the project
- Able to work in a changing, multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships
- Driving license and willingness to travel if required
This is full-time position open only to national experts. Qualified applicants should email: 1) Curriculum Vitae; 2) Three references and 3) Cover letter explaining why they are qualified for the position, to the Project Administrative Manager, at [email protected] All documents should be in English. Please specify the position you apply under the e-mail subject.
Closing date for submission of applications is Friday, 24th November 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Interviews will take place commencing 4th December 2023.