- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Expertoffer by GIZ
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaftfür Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.Formoreinformationsee: www.giz.de
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
offers the vacancy for an:
Overall Purpose of the Post
The project Capacity Development in Basic Education (CDBE) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is being implemented bythe Deutsche GesellschaftfürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ). The project supports the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MEST) of the Republic of Kosovo in the following 4 thematic areas: a) transparency, accountability and public participation, b) teaching quality, c) education management, d) inclusion of girls and boys returning from migration and minorities.
The Financial Assistant will support the CDBE project in Kosovo in implementing its strategic objectives in thematic area d) inclusion of girls and boys returning from migration and minorities.
Activities within this area aim to increase the enrolment and successful educational participation of all children and have a special focus on children from returnee families and minorities. The activities range from central level support to the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MEST) to accompanying the implementation of non-formal education services within Learning Centres on local level.
The Finance Assistant will support the supervisor in all administrative and accounting related tasks. He/she will initiate and supervise service contracts, local subsidies and procurements. He/she will successfully and professionally work with partners and service providers in regard to contract initiation, constant assistance and contract conclusion.
Additional to accounting and administrative assistance, he/she will also support in logistic coordination, organization of events and meetings and translation.
The Finance Assistance will report, both disciplinary and thematically, to the supervisor. He/she will ensure the responsible conduction of his/her tasks in a reliable and timely manner. Even under a high workload, he/she is able to set priorities well, to keep track of all tasks and to identify and report bottle necks immediately.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
In more detail, the Finance Assistant will assume the following tasks and responsibilities
- Assisting the supervisor in relevant project tasks
- Acquiring all relevant knowledge on GIZ procedures and regulations in regard to accounting and administration;
- Assuming responsibility and handling all administrative and financial processes of the component: initiation and supervision of local consultancy- and local subsidy contracts as well as financing contracts and procurement;
- Supporting the supervisor in other budgetary and contractual tasks;
- Coordination concerning all financial and contractual processes with other staff involved in financial assistance;
- Supporting the organisation and management of events, workshops, trainings etc.
- Taking minutes and drafting of conceptual notes;
- Providing support in translation (Albanian-English) and organizational tasks to supervisor.
Qualifications and experience sought
- University Degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related subjects (Master or equivalent);
- At least 3 years professional experience as a financial assistant dealing with different forms of administrative, accounting and contractual proceedings (desirable in an internationalcontext);
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, office administration and financial reporting;
- Analytic and strategic thinking as well as very good command of written and oral expression;
- Experience in organizing and conducting major events, conferences and workshops;
- Very good working knowledge of standard computer applications, especially Microsoft Office programmes (esp. Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications;
- Very good command of spoken and written Albanian, English and German.
- Serbian/ Romani language skills are an asset;
- The office is based in the GIZ HQ in Pristina.
- The position might require sporadic travels and field visits throughout the different regions of Kosovo, in which the component is implementing its activities. Travels to the North of Kosovo (Leposaviq /Leposavić and other municipalities) might alsobe required.
Please note: the successful candidate must not have been employed with a governmental institution (ministries and municipal authorities) within 1 year prior to the application.
The vacancy is contingent upon the availability of funding.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English consisting of a letter of motivation and CV in the format: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions to email@example.com Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Subject of the email:Application for a“Finance assistant”
Deadline for the application:21.03.2017