Education Expert in the area of inclusion of returnees and ethnic minorities
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Expertoffer by GIZ
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaftfür Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.Formoreinformationsee: www.giz.de
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
offers the vacancy for an:
in the area of inclusion of returnees and ethnic minorities
Overall Purpose of the Post
The project Capacity Development in Basic Education (CDBE) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is being implemented bythe Deutsche GesellschaftfürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ). The project supports the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MEST) of the Republic of Kosovo in the following 4 thematic areas: a) transparency, accountability and public participation, b) teaching quality, c) education management, d) inclusion of girls and boys returning from migration and minorities.
The Education Expert will support the CDBE project in Kosovo in implementing its strategic objectives in thematic area d) inclusion of girls and boys returning from migration and minorities.
Activities within this area aim to increase the enrolment and successful educational participation of all children and have a special focus on children from returnee families and minorities. The activities range from central level support to the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MEST) to accompanying the implementation of non-formal education services within Learning Centreson local level. This includes the initiation and conduction of trainings, awareness raising campaigns and other support activities. The close and highly professional coordination with ministerial and municipal authorities, with Non-Governmental-Organizations as well with other experts in that field is required. The Education Expert will also support the supervisor in organizational tasks and in translation.
TheEducation Expert will report, both disciplinary and thematically, to the supervisor. He/she will ensure the responsible conduction of his/her tasks in a reliable and timely manner. Even under a high workload, he/she is able to set priorities well, to keep track of all tasks and to identify and report bottle necks immediately.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
In more detail, the Education Expert will assume the following tasks and responsibilities
- Implementing defined tasks and work-packages independently; at the same time being eager to cooperate and coordinate with colleagues and having a good sense for appropriate reporting;
- Providing support in the component of inclusion of returnees and ethnic minorities to the supervisor;
- Supporting the coordination and implementation of activities in the given thematic area;
- Cooperating with government authorities, schools, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- Supporting the coordinational planning and processing of procurement activities in Kosovo;
- Initiation and implementation of trainings/ capacity development measures for school teachers, attached to Learning Centers, in the area of psycho-social support;
- Cooperating with teachers working at schools attached to existing Learning Center:
- Supervising and guiding experts (e.g. psychologists, social workers), who are facilitating CD measures at Learning Centers, on a consultancy basis;
- Preparing and facilitation of workshops in regard to the policy framework;
- Implementing 50 events for awareness raising about the needs of returnee children in different municipalities in Kosovo;
- Ensuring transfer and accessibility of knowledge within the project and between project and partners;
- Providing support in translation (Albanian-English, to and from Serbian and/or Romani if possible) and organizational tasks to Team Leader/supervisor.
Qualifications and experience sought
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or related subjects (Master or equivalent);
- At least 5 years professional experience in thearea of education, inclusion, migration and/ or work with minorities in a comparable position;
- Knowledge of current challenges and discourses within Kosovo’s education sector;
- Knowledge of the contemporary context of (return-) migration and situation of minority populations, especially Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities in Kosovo;
- Knowledge of the legal and strategic policy framework in regard to the education of a) minorities and b) repatriated persons in Kosovo;
- Familiarity with and knowledge of the landscape of local and international non-governmental-organisations in Kosovo, ideally with a special focus on the education sector;
- Experiences innon-formal education and the concept of Learning Centres in Kosovo;
- Experiences in multi-stakeholder dialogue and ability to liaison with different stakeholders, ranging from the local to the political level in MEST;
- Experiences in organizing and conducting major events, conferences and workshops, ideally with a focus on awareness raising campaigns;
- Analytic and strategic thinking as well as very good command of written expression;
- Very good working knowledge of standard computer applications, especially Microsoft Office programmes (esp. Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Very good command of spoken and written Albanian and English required.
- Serbian or Romani language skills are a strong asset;
- Familiarity with the concepts and principles of Development Cooperation and dedication to the field of education.
- The office is based in the GIZ HQ in Pristina.
- The position might require frequent travels and field visits throughout the different regions of Kosovo, in which the component is implementing its activities. Travels to the North of Kosovo (Leposaviq /Leposavić and other municipalities) might alsobe required.
Please note: the successful candidate must not have been employed with a governmental institution (ministries and municipal authorities) within 1 year prior to the application.
The vacancy is contingent upon the availability of funding.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English consisting of a letter of motivation and CV in the format: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Subject of the email:Application for an“Education Expert in the area of inclusion of returnees and ethnic minorities”
Deadline for the application:21.03.2017.